Speaker Swap out suggestions? - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Beast3.7

I was at Wally World looking for some cheap speakers for my wife's Jeep and happened to see some Pioneer 6x8 TS-A874Ms. I tried to look them up on Pioneer's website but the closest 6x8 speakers I could find were the TS-A6874Rs. I'm wondering if they are the same since they looked identical and have identical specs and that the model number is only different since they are sold at WalMart. Anyway, they were a good price.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Well, I went ahead and bought the Infinity Reference 6832cf speakers for the front today. Crutchfield confirmed they will fit the car, but had them for $110.00. Amazon had the same speakers for $52.00, and I had an $25 gift card - so cash out of pocket: $27.00 as these puppies also came with free shipping.

Can't wait to put them in.

Modifications Performance: Airaid CAI, 93P Tune by Torq, Dynomax Exhaust Interior: Auto Headlamp Switch, Leather Seat Upgrade, Infinity Speakers, Billet Chrome: Door Locks, Radio Display Trim, Door Lock/Unlock Covers, Map Light Button Covers, Air Vent Covers Exterior: Chrome Door Handles, Faux Gas Lid Delete; 3.7 Emblems, Stock Wheels Painted Gloss Black, Tinted Lights, Dark Gray Rocker and Hood Crease Stripes, Upper and Lower Billet Grille Overlays Engine Compartment: Custom Strut Brace
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydad View Post
Well, I went ahead and bought the Infinity Reference 6832cf speakers for the front today. Crutchfield confirmed they will fit the car, but had them for $110.00. Amazon had the same speakers for $52.00, and I had an $25 gift card - so cash out of pocket: $27.00 as these puppies also came with free shipping.

Can't wait to put them in.
Hey - have you been following my posts on these speakers? If not, go back and read mine - some good advice in there for ya!

2011 Sterling Grey MCA Performance Package with Glass Roof/Nav/HID/Every Factory Option...

Mods: Infinity 6832cfs|93 Octane stock|DynoMax 39507 Cat-Back|35% tint|Roush rear valance

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbax35 View Post
I did have buy 2 pairs of meta harnesses which is basically an adapter to go between factory connector and the new speaker. Not sure if I got the wrong ones or what but I had to open the metal end a little to get it onto the RF speakers. Also I did have to drill 2 holes into the pladtic mounting area to secure the speaker. 2 holes lined up great but had to drill for the other 2.
That shouldn't be the case. I didn't have to drill any holes. I reused the stock locations for everything.

and +1 for the metra harnesses. Get them.

2011 Sterling Grey MCA Performance Package with Glass Roof/Nav/HID/Every Factory Option...

Mods: Infinity 6832cfs|93 Octane stock|DynoMax 39507 Cat-Back|35% tint|Roush rear valance
PONY Member

Just swapped out my front speakers tonight. My sister gave me a 50$ best buy gift card for my BDAY so I used what they had in stock.

Picked up Pioneer 6x8 TS-G6843R 2-way speakers, and the Ford wire connectors.

Fit perfect. Sounds a hell of a lot better than stock for sure.

Not too shabby for the price either, I only had to pay 15 or so out of picket with the gift card.

Cobb Access Port
MAPerformance Tune, CAI, and Intercooler
NGK 6510 Sparkplugs
Everything else is for show.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhtx35 View Post
Just swapped out my front speakers tonight. My sister gave me a 50$ best buy gift card for my BDAY so I used what they had in stock.

Not too shabby for the price either, I only had to pay 15 or so out of picket with the gift card.
Anything seems to sound better then the front $10 Mexico speakers. If you think those are bad, wait until you see the rear $5 China speakers! I highly recommend you get a second set of the SAME speaker you bought for the front for the rear. You will hear a difference.

BTW, Pioneers were my second choice!

PONY Member

[quote=addison1062;2641254]Anything seems to sound better then the front $10 Mexico speakers. If you think those are bad, wait until you see the rear $5 China speakers! I highly recommend you get a second set of the SAME speaker you bought for the front for the rear. You will hear a difference.

I'm dreading the install of the rear speakers - That's on hold for a little while (Colder months perhaps )

Cobb Access Port
NGK 6510 Sparkplugs

PONY Member

[quote=chadhtx35;2641265]
Quote:
Originally Posted by addison1062 View Post
Anything seems to sound better then the front $10 Mexico speakers. If you think those are bad, wait until you see the rear $5 China speakers! I highly recommend you get a second set of the SAME speaker you bought for the front for the rear. You will hear a difference.

I'm dreading the install of the rear speakers - That's on hold for a little while (Colder months perhaps )
Yeah, I dreaded mine but it's not as bad as it appears. Just get six of the trim pins as replacements ahead of time and you will be golden.

GT Member

[quote=chadhtx35;2641265]
Quote:

Unless you have people sitting back there regularly, I'd skip the install. All you need is the fronts for proper stereo imaging. Fade from back to front, and enjoy the extra juice the head unit sends to the front.

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhtx35 View Post

Did you follow the JLT video to remove the doors? I notice on my stock there are no screws or pins behind the door handle on the inside.

Modifications Performance: Airaid CAI, 93P Tune by Torq, Dynomax Exhaust Interior: Auto Headlamp Switch, Leather Seat Upgrade, Infinity Speakers, Billet Chrome: Door Locks, Radio Display Trim, Door Lock/Unlock Covers, Map Light Button Covers, Air Vent Covers Exterior: Chrome Door Handles, Faux Gas Lid Delete; 3.7 Emblems, Stock Wheels Painted Gloss Black, Tinted Lights, Dark Gray Rocker and Hood Crease Stripes, Upper and Lower Billet Grille Overlays Engine Compartment: Custom Strut Brace
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcat View Post
Unless you have people sitting back there regularly, I'd skip the install. All you need is the fronts for proper stereo imaging. Fade from back to front, and enjoy the extra juice the head unit sends to the front.
Hey Jazzcat - how are you finding your infinity's sound? Did you go with the +3 or +0 in the end?

Maybe it's where I am positioned but the rears do contribute to my overall sound experience in the car.

PONY Member

Quote:
Hey Jazzcat - how are you finding your infinity's sound? Did you go with the +3 or +0 in the end?

Maybe it's where I am positioned but the rears do contribute to my overall sound experience in the car.
You must be a tall guy with long legs and have the front seat back towards the rear. On the other hand, my legs are short so I seat close to the steering wheel. I'm getting my Infinity's tomorrow and plan on swapping out only the fronts. I already have the fader putting the sound mostly upfront, as I don't have rear passengers very often.

PONY Member

Quote:
You must be a tall guy with long legs and have the front seat back towards the rear. On the other hand, my legs are short so I seat close to the steering wheel. I'm getting my Infinity's tomorrow and plan on swapping out only the fronts. I already have the fader putting the sound mostly upfront, as I don't have rear passengers very often.
Nope! Only 6' with regular legs. I am tall in torso so I do lean back a bit, as well as a former musican so that might have somethng to do with it. Point is, replacing the the two front speakers wouldn't cut it for me. I did that once in an older car I had and the difference in quality between the fronts and the rears annoyed the hell out of me.

GT Member

Quote:

Funny you should ask. They will be installed next week when my aunt brings them up from the states. Will post a review then.

Glad you enjoy your setup. I approach the car audio thing much like my stereo setup (front L + R speakers) in my house, where the speakers are positioned in front of me. I prefer to hear that way. I never warmed up to 5.1 audio for music. Movies, that's another story.

I thought I'd give my 2 cents on how I feel about the rears. Most people assume those speakers are essential. Since many complain that the ford HU is underpowered, I noticed that the power seemed to double to the front speakers simple by using fade, and that the overall volume and clarity of the front two, seems greater than when all four speakers are being used . The HU is clearly splitting the power between front and back.

I suggest that anyone considering swapping the speakers, try both scenarios and determine how they prefer to hear. It's all subjective no doubt. No right or wrong answers.

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

PONY Member

Quote:
Did you follow the JLT video to remove the doors? I notice on my stock there are no screws or pins behind the door handle on the inside.
Just used this video - lots of similar steps. screws are exactly the same, didn't have to use any needle nose pliers as they did in the video. I didn't run into that part.

YouTube - ‪2005-2009 Ford Mustang Speaker Replacement How-To Guide‬‏

Cobb Access Port
NGK 6510 Sparkplugs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page