Speaker Swap out suggestions? - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Thanks, that's great. In second step it refers to a door behind the inside door handle that needs to be removed to access a screw. I don't think my car has that door - did yours?

Modifications Performance: Airaid CAI, 93P Tune by Torq, Dynomax Exhaust Interior: Auto Headlamp Switch, Leather Seat Upgrade, Infinity Speakers, Billet Chrome: Door Locks, Radio Display Trim, Door Lock/Unlock Covers, Map Light Button Covers, Air Vent Covers Exterior: Chrome Door Handles, Faux Gas Lid Delete; 3.7 Emblems, Stock Wheels Painted Gloss Black, Tinted Lights, Dark Gray Rocker and Hood Crease Stripes, Upper and Lower Billet Grille Overlays Engine Compartment: Custom Strut Brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhtx35 View Post
Just used this video - lots of similar steps. screws are exactly the same, didn't have to use any needle nose pliers as they did in the video. I didn't run into that part.

YouTube - ‪2005-2009 Ford Mustang Speaker Replacement How-To Guide‬‏
Saw that one but there were too many differences. I used a step by step photo guide here:

2010 Mustang GT Front Door Upper Speaker Replacement

And Jazzcat, you are right. There are different scenarios to try and differing opinions but given the 'fun' of installing the rears, it's something that one will only want to do once!

I hear you on the stereo imaging but I use a multispeaker set up at home for music but it's in stereo as well. So all three rights are producing the right image and left, etc. with equal bias. In thoery, I have one stereo set in front, one in the middle and one stereo set in the rear with my butt in the middle of all of it.

So maybe one should sit in front of two and then four speakers to decide if they want to commit to the rear? Otherwise, I suggest just swap out the rear as it looks worse than it really is.

2011 Sterling Grey MCA Performance Package with Glass Roof/Nav/HID/Every Factory Option...

Mods: Infinity 6832cfs|93 Octane stock|DynoMax 39507 Cat-Back|35% tint|Roush rear valance
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addison1062 View Post
Saw that one but there were too many differences. I used a step by step photo guide here:
Did your car have the Door_Latch_Screw Cover_2.jpg (143.72 KB, 1037x692 - viewed 163 times.)

Modifications Performance: Airaid CAI, 93P Tune by Torq, Dynomax Exhaust Interior: Auto Headlamp Switch, Leather Seat Upgrade, Infinity Speakers, Billet Chrome: Door Locks, Radio Display Trim, Door Lock/Unlock Covers, Map Light Button Covers, Air Vent Covers Exterior: Chrome Door Handles, Faux Gas Lid Delete; 3.7 Emblems, Stock Wheels Painted Gloss Black, Tinted Lights, Dark Gray Rocker and Hood Crease Stripes, Upper and Lower Billet Grille Overlays Engine Compartment: Custom Strut Brace

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydad View Post
Did your car have the Door_Latch_Screw Cover_2.jpg (143.72 KB, 1037x692 - viewed 163 times.)
Yep, it sure did!

2011 Sterling Grey MCA Performance Package with Glass Roof/Nav/HID/Every Factory Option...

Mods: Infinity 6832cfs|93 Octane stock|DynoMax 39507 Cat-Back|35% tint|Roush rear valance
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addison1062 View Post
Yep, it sure did!
I'll have to look more closely then. Thanks!

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasswild View Post
Okay thanks guys. What about the Pioneer TS-D6802R?
i installed those Pioneer in the front doors of my Canadian V6 Pony with standard stereo and they sound great. BASS and TREBLE both set to flat and fader set to 3/4 toward front. I will not upgrade the rear speakers, but have a 10" sub with a JL Audio JX250.1 to install to complete the setup.

I have the older TS-D680R in my 04 Mazda3 since new and they have been rocking and jazzing for the last 7 years, they are built to last. They are currently running on 80watts per channel Sony Xplod amp.

The stock radio in the FORD is lot more powerful then the one in my Mazda (without the amp)

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
PONY Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenpb View Post
Yes, I spliced the front & rear speaker wires for input into the amplifier.
How and where did you run the wires to the amp ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page