Trunk install ideas . . . - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Trunk install ideas . . .

I went ahead and purchased some Alpine components to replace the factory speakers and add a sub.
Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp
Alpine MRP-M500 Mono Amp
12" Alpine Type R dual 4 ohm sub
2 Sets of Alpine SPS-517 For the doors and rear deck.

They might not be the best components but for the price they should sound much better than the factory speakers!

My dilemma... How to set up the trunk. We all know Ford didn't include a spare tire in the 2011 Mustangs. I want to still be able to retain some trunk space. i figure 1 12" sub and two amps shouldn't take up too much room. I am open to ideas and suggestions. I was considering doing a custom fiber glass enclosure and amp rack but not sure if it should be side mounted or what.. Any ideas and or pictures would be appreciated greatly!

Thanks!

2011 SG Mustang Premium V6, MCA Edition, 3:31 Gears, 6 MT, Reverse Camera.
Steeda CAI, BAMA Tuned SCT, GT Fascia, Boss/CS Valance, Boss Front Splitter, Saleen Grille, Roush Splitters, GT500 Rear Valance, Roush AB, Black GT500 Wheels (18x10 Rear/18x9 Front), GT Front Brakes, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Adj LCAs, J&M Adj. Panhard Bar, Steeda STB, Grabber Pony SG Shift Knob, Custom Perforated/Striped leather shift boot and E-Brake Handle boot, SR Performance Shifter, Barton Shifter Bracket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011
Rookie
S197 Member

I'm in same boat as you...just ordered a bunch of speakers and amps, trying to lay out the plan now.

I already have a memphis 1000D amp and a 12" diamond sub in a squarish box.

Also got a 4 channel JL amp which will drive my new 5X7s (JL C5's in front, C2's in rear).

So I have two amps. I saw someone mount their amps upside down under the rear shelf. Definitely out of the way, but I could have swore I read something that said do not mount upside down. Thoughts? My sub box would just go near the left or right side....and I'd have to think of a way to keep it from sliding around.

I'm keeping the stock head unit. But I also ordered a JL Cleansweep...and I'm really wracking my brain trying to figure out exactly where this will attach! Before or after stock amps? I plan on simply disconnecting or removing the 8"s in the doors.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corepuncher View Post
I'm in same boat as you...just ordered a bunch of speakers and amps, trying to lay out the plan now.

I already have a memphis 1000D amp and a 12" diamond sub in a squarish box.

Also got a 4 channel JL amp which will drive my new 5X7s (JL C5's in front, C2's in rear).

So I have two amps. I saw someone mount their amps upside down under the rear shelf. Definitely out of the way, but I could have swore I read something that said do not mount upside down. Thoughts? My sub box would just go near the left or right side....and I'd have to think of a way to keep it from sliding around.

I'm keeping the stock head unit. But I also ordered a JL Cleansweep...and I'm really wracking my brain trying to figure out exactly where this will attach! Before or after stock amps? I plan on simply disconnecting or removing the 8"s in the doors.
-I mounted my amps in the back of the trunk.
-I went with the rockford 360.2 instead of the cleansweep.
-I also got a custom box done on the right side of the trunk for full spare access. The trunk opening is kind of awkward, and I couldn't lose any trunk space in this car (I had 4 12s in my 2000 BMW 740i and 4 12s in my old ML430).
-If you want pics of my setup, just let me know, it's worked out really well... I still have the option to add another custom box on the left side, but that's where the gas tank is... We shall see, good luck with yours man

-- A Tribute to Ridiculous Signatures -- 2011 Mustang GT -- Performance White -- Charcoal Black Leather -- Borla S-Type Exhaust -- FRPP Boss Gauge Pod -- Boss Steering Wheel -- V6PP 19" Rims -- Sh!t Ton of Wheel Locks -- Viper Paging Alarm -- Baseball Bat -- GT500 Splash Guards -- :hihi:

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Started taping off the right side of the trunk, think i'm going to do a custom fiber glass enclosure, maybe work the amps into it, still not sure. I'll be posting pictures on the progress soon!

2011 SG Mustang Premium V6, MCA Edition, 3:31 Gears, 6 MT, Reverse Camera.
Steeda CAI, BAMA Tuned SCT, GT Fascia, Boss/CS Valance, Boss Front Splitter, Saleen Grille, Roush Splitters, GT500 Rear Valance, Roush AB, Black GT500 Wheels (18x10 Rear/18x9 Front), GT Front Brakes, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Adj LCAs, J&M Adj. Panhard Bar, Steeda STB, Grabber Pony SG Shift Knob, Custom Perforated/Striped leather shift boot and E-Brake Handle boot, SR Performance Shifter, Barton Shifter Bracket
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014
Rookie

Anybody have any updated pictures of their trunk installs? I am about to start mine soon and need some ideas.

2007 GT Windveil Blue (WBR 099)

CDC/Foose Hood with CDC Shaker system, Detroit Rockers,Kooks LT w/Catted H-pipe and Boss 302 Side Exit Exhausts, Pypes Pype Bomb muffler deletes, FRPP 4.10 Gears, C&L Racer CAI, MGW Shifter, BMR Suspension, Steeda Spyders (Machine Face/Lip), NITTO 275/35 & 315/35
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014
GT Member

Garage
Amp mount ideas

I mounted my amps on a MDF Board covered with carpet. One amp drives 4 - 6x8 speakers and one drives 2 subs. I also added a 3rd amp to drive 4 additional speakers mounted on a MDF board. The subs were installed in enclosures and put into the side recesses in the trunk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).JPG
Views:	241
Size:	405.3 KB
ID:	311178   Click image for larger version

Name:	100-2968.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	311186  

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page