Question about adding bass 10-12 Stang's - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yeah, I've noticed even more so now (at first I was just enjoying have decent speakers right next to me in the front) how bad the backs are... when I crank it up you can definitely tell the backs arent having it. I'm thinking of doing the type-r's for my fronts and moving the fronts to the rear and getting a 4 channel amp (50-75watts rms) and see how that goes. I keep hearing mixed things on bass tubes and havent heard much of anything regarding the infinity basslink subs.

12' Grabber Blue, 101A Package, Security Package, MT82. Base stereo mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rider View Post
damn i wish i knew about that site. it seems like a pretty good deal. and the sound does sound alot better now that i have a full set of speakers.

and this is the first car that i have really done anything to, and i figured it out fine. just make sure you have plenty of time, bc you dont want to be trying to finish up in the dark. i would say a good 2 hours for in and out just to be safe. its not really hard just time consuming, and its all done in a cramped back seat.

O and i would reccomend getting a good set of plastic panel removers. i bought a set from matco tools from the dealership i worked at, and they worked wonders. also you might break a push pin or 2 holding the rear deck down, so buy those in advance from a dealer.
Oh and thanks for the tips... I'd like to do the install this weekend but they are predicting bad weather. probably will wait a few more weeks. Maybe have my buddy help me out (he built a sweet fiberglass sub box for his intrepid when we were in college)

12' Grabber Blue, 101A Package, Security Package, MT82. Base stereo mods
PONY Member

i would talk to somebody about mixing speakers before i pulled the trigger. but that has potential to be a sick set up. i heard type r's you can just blast forever and they wont blow. good luck and let me know how it goes

2012 v6 white, base, performance package, borla ATAKs, 4 alpine type s speakers, 35% tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page