"Shaker Mode" under sound option - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

"Shaker Mode" under sound option

I was reading my OM and it talks about this? I have the Shaker 500 (so pissed about this btw). I didn't order my car from the factory but I really wanted the bigger system. Does anybody know what this shaker "mode" is all about? It says to hit the seek button left or right after you've selected "sound". I don't think I have this option..

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Must be referring to the shaker 1000 with the trunk mounted sub.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011
Rookie

Don't be too upset. The shaker 1000 is nothing to write home about. You could just install some new speakers and and keep the 500 and it would be a world of difference. Plus you would save a lot of money.

2012 Mustang Gt "California Special" Black 6MT
HIDs and Security Package, Comfort Package

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graves0777 View Post
Don't be too upset. The shaker 1000 is nothing to write home about. You could just install some new speakers and and keep the 500 and it would be a world of difference. Plus you would save a lot of money.
^ Plus 1 on this . I don't know much about stereo's but a guy in the local car club has the 1000 and he said it's a joke and a total waste of money .
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choate View Post
I was reading my OM and it talks about this? I have the Shaker 500 (so pissed about this btw). I didn't order my car from the factory but I really wanted the bigger system. Does anybody know what this shaker "mode" is all about? It says to hit the seek button left or right after you've selected "sound". I don't think I have this option..
Oh to the contrary... you're better off without the 1000. The 1000 is the same system as the 500 but with a sub in the trunk.

Do you really think Ford is going to use quality audio components when 99% of people don't care and just buy the factory crap speakers? lol

You're better off because it means you didn't waste money on a seriously overpriced factory audio system. Spend a few hundred on new front coaxial speakers from a name brand like Kicker or JL Audio. If you want, get a trunk sub (though you also have subs in the doors)... might require an amp or something but you really can get buy much cheaper than a Shaker 1000 and get a MUCH better result.

2012 Mustang GT Premium (Manual), Sterling Gray, Brembo Package, 3.73 gears, Electronics Package, Comfort Package, HIDs, backup camera, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport springs, Steeda HD mounts, UMI panhard bar, Borla S-Type catbacks, MGW shifter, Driveshaft Shop carbon fiber driveshaft, RTR wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Roush front fascia, DG Custom hidden fog billet grille, Roush lower billet grille, Roush front and side splitters, DG Custom quarter window louvers, GT500 rear diffuser
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

cool everyone. Thanks! I wasn't really sure what the 1000 was all about but good to know!

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page