How to mount amp to seat back? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

How to mount amp to seat back?

I have JL 250/1 amp and I want to mount it to the back of the right/rear seat in the trunk. Can I screw right to the seat back? Is it metal or cardboard in there?

Thanks.

'12 Kona Blue GT500 SVTPP/Electronics package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011
Apprentice

Ya id go ahead and try it, I had an amp attached to the back of an older stang. It was just plywood on the trunk side underneath that carpet. Use screws that aren't too long of course and when your done do a quick check and feel for them on the other side of the seat.

2001 V6 Convertible, CAI, 4.10 gears, dual x pipe, throttle body, 17x9 Bullitt rims, bbk shorty headers
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011
PONY Member

i am just about to do the same thing with a JL Audio JX250/1 mono amp. I checked under the carpeting through the hole for the latch at the top of the seat and it looks and feels like plastic to me. I will mount the amp and all related wiring to a 11x18 in amp rack built from ˝ inch MDF and use four 1 inch number 10 screws to mount the assembly to the back of driver side rear back seat, pre-drill holes first.

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011
PONY Member

i confirm that the back side of the back seat is plastic.

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011
Rookie

I placed my amp on the floor at the base of the rear seat and made a carpeted MDF cover over it to protect it.12vcity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page