2004 Mach 460 sound system, aftermaket install question? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member

2004 Mach 460 sound system, aftermaket install question?

Hello it has been awhile since I have posted..I recently had my factory HU go out in my 04 mustang with mach 460 so i purchased an aftermarket JVC HU, my question is i bought the 2 wiring harnasses that the stereo shop said was the right ones and when i got it home and was looking at the smaller one it only has 2 blue white wires and RCA plugs not 2 blue/white wires and 2 black/white ground wires like i have read everywhere this harness that i have is a METRA 70-5522 will it work? if so how does it hook up, if not i need to know what i will need inorder for it to work, i want to keep the subs/and amps currently in the car (factory) Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011
Banned
4.6L Member

seriously, I'd let a car stereo shop do it...you hook it up wrong and could fry the deck...they only charge about $40 to do it, correctly

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011
Rookie

You'd better take the radio to a car audio shop and have them locate the correct harness adapter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page