Rear seat delete sub box? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Rear seat delete sub box?

Hey, Just wondering if anyone has installed a rear seat delete kit and installed subs into it?
I have 2 twelve inch rockford fosgate p1s in a qlogic bandpass dual ported box. One problem, box wont fit in my trunk. I took out the back seats and frame trying to get it to fit. So, since I already took everything out I figure I might as well do a rear seat delete type of deal. I want to use both subs if I can and have them facing the front of the car mounted where your back would be if your in the back seat. Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any info.
Zach

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Smokey88
Did that in my v6 mustang. 2 kicker CVT8's in a homemade rear seat delete sub box. Send me a PM if your really interested in how to do this, I still have my dimensions.

08 GT Hurst Shifter, Fidanza clutch, JLT CAI, Kooks Longtubes and O/R X, BBR tune, SSS Terminator mufflers, M80 mufflers, Eibach pro kit, Eibach struts and shocks, Asanti AF 135 rims, 295/35/20 rear tires More to come!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011
Rookie

Face your subs forward and listen, then turn them around so they face the back of the trunk and I can guarantee it will sound way better.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to gunz4me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy001 View Post
Face your subs forward and listen, then turn them around so they face the back of the trunk and I can guarantee it will sound way better.
This doesn't always work to one's advantage. Generally, the reflection off the rear of the car improves sub-bass response by adding to the wave length and taking advantage of the wave reflections. Unfortunately, in some cases, the reflection can result in sub bass cancellation at certain frequencies, which will leave a huge hole in the sound. In other words, results have been known to vary with this method and it really depends on placement and how much reflection one encounters prior to the sound reaching their ears.

I had better results with the direct cabin fire method through the pass thru, but this method is extremely labor intensive. I also had great success with corner mounting the subs in the rear of the vehicle similar to how the Stealthbox or shaker 1000 sub enclosure works.

Maybe I will buy a 2016 Mustang GT, maybe not...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015
Rookie

Hey OP! Did you end up doing it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page