Alpine X and Alpine amp - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Alpine X and Alpine amp

I'm thinking about putting an Alpine X 12" sub and a Alpine MRP-F300 amplifier. Would this work and sound good?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zMarkk View Post
I'm thinking about putting an Alpine X 12" sub and a Alpine MRP-F300 amplifier. Would this work and sound good?
Thats not exactly well matched. Type X subs are amazing but very power hungry. I'm powering one 10" type X off a alpine 1000w and it still needs more juice.

300w is type S territory or a much older model type R.

May I suggest looking at the hifonics brutus line mono 1500w or 1800w amps if you want to run a type X. I had one before that was stolen so I replaced it with the 1000w alpine. The hifonics amp performed better on both my 10"type x and my 2 12" type Rs (and are priced very fairly)

If you are stuck using that 300w amp dont run a type X you will be dissapointed.

My garage:
12 V6 pony package
98 Eclipse GST
94 Celica Gt-4 (st205)
91 Celica Gt-4 (st185)
91 MR-2 G-Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page