FOX body amp placement - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

FOX body amp placement

Getting ready to install an amp in my 91 GT. I'm not installing a sub, just powering the 4 main speakers with the amp. My question is where is a good place to mount the amp other than in the hatch area? Thanks guys!

91 GT, GT-40 heads, Comp Cams Xtreme Energy .512/.512 Cam, 70mm MAF, T-Moss stock ported lower, 65mm Accufab Throttle Body, Flowmaster Cat-Back System, 3:73 gears, Ford racing 1.6 Roller Rockers, AOD to T-5 Swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I was going to say backside of the back seat lol ummmmm there probably isn't room under the passenger seat either. The only place I can think of his hatch area. Why don't you want it back there?

Trick Flow street top end, 76mm bbk maf, ford racing 24# injectors, 70mm accufab tb, stack racing cai, sct chip, dougs shorty headers, bassani off road x pipe, flowmaster cat back w/super 44s, frpp 3.73's, hurst short throw, kyb gr2 struts/ shocks, eibach sporline springs, steeda strut tower brace

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I could put it back there, was jsut looking for another option so i wouldnnt have to take the whole interior apart if I dont have to.

91 GT, GT-40 heads, Comp Cams Xtreme Energy .512/.512 Cam, 70mm MAF, T-Moss stock ported lower, 65mm Accufab Throttle Body, Flowmaster Cat-Back System, 3:73 gears, Ford racing 1.6 Roller Rockers, AOD to T-5 Swap.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012
Rookie

Think about putting it where the spare tire is?

got a mustang 10 years older than me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page