Shaker 500 "Audio Bleed" Issue in 2012 GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Shaker 500 "Audio Bleed" Issue in 2012 GT

I have a 2012 Mustang GT with Shaker 500 audio system and I noticed, what I'll call "Audio Bleed" issue. If I'm listening to an FM station and switch to USB or XM (and it's quiet), I can still hear the FM station faintly. When I increase the volume, it doesn't increase with the regular audio so it can be drowned out, but I know it's there. If I shut-off the radio and then the car while it's on USB or XM and then turn them all back on, the FM sound is not there. It's as though once the channel is active there's some cross-over between the analog paths inside the stereo. I saw several references to this from 2007 to 2009 on another forum, but couldn't find anything here. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, so any help would be appreciated. I just want to get some feedback before bringing it to a dealer. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

This has been the case with my 2010 since day one. Annoying. FM bleeds into everything, SIRUS and USB.

2010 Mustang GT Premium \ 5- Speed / 3:73 Package / 19" RTR wheels / 275/40/19 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires / Flowmaster American Thunder Classics / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Strut Mounts / Koni Yellows / Royal Purple / K&N Drop-In
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Amazing, it seems to be a long standing issue and it's never been addressed or resolved.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011
Apprentice

My 2011 does the same thing....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012
Apprentice

My 2012 is having the same issue, and I have the NAV system in mine.

2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black, GB and Black Interior, 6AT, Electronics Package, Backup Cam, Comfort Package, HIDs, Remote start, Reverse Sensors, 19" wheels...

Ordered: 10/05/2011 Delivered: 12/31/2011 Picked Up: 1/2/2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page