Speakers, reciever, subwoofer - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Speakers, reciever, subwoofer

Looking to replace my stock speakers, reciever, and maybe buy a sub. I have some in mind but don't even know if they would fit. For my reciever I wanted to get a sony DSX-S200X. For my speakers I was looking at pioneer TS-A6874R. And I was hoping I could fit a sound ordnance B-12 ported sub in the trunk. If you know ANYTHING about these items, you know more than me. Ha. I would love any help and feedback. Thanks abunch!
Josh J

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

All for a '96 v6 coupe

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011
Apprentice

I can't recall if that year has a factory amp or not, if so you will need the adapter to plug into the factory harness, unless you run new wiring all around. Not worth the time to me. Just get the adapter and be done. Now, as far as the equipment itself, I was just reading up on it, everything you want should work just fine. You WILL need the receiver install adapter to make the radio fit how it should. I don't know what you want to know... Those are all known high end pieces, should not have issues with any of it. I wish I could be of more help to you, I'm not an expert by any means about this. I've only installed a few systems for myself and a couple friends. I wouldn't worry about the products, just the install....it can get tricky. Good luck

Thrush welded mufflers, Flow Master H-pipe. CAI. Shorty headers. Waiting to get 3.73 gears, body kit.....And wheels....

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

I understand. Thank you so much. I'm kinda new with this so could you explain the harness?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

and what is the reciever install adapter?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member

The harness is readily available at almost any auto parts store. Heres one from amazon. And if your 96 has the amp just remove it. Todays radios have better built in amps than the factory one can ever hope to be. I just removed my amp and its tray which leaves only the two connectors left (black and gray?). Use that adaptor and your good to go, no modification to the factory harness
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012
Rookie

a mini size home subwoofer amp may be meet your need...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page