Rear speakers - Worth Changing? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Rear speakers - Worth Changing?

Shaker 500 radio non-nav

I replaced the front speakers with some Focal's and it was a huge improvement. Are rear's worth changing or should I add amp next?

I am thinking about Focal's for the rears as well
Focal Access 570CA1 5"x7" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

Here is the amp I am considering

JL Audio XD700/5 5-channel car amplifier — 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012
PONY Member

Seems like if you noticed better sound quality from the front speaker the rears should be improved as well.The amp is really up to you it's more time consuming to install and never as clean as the factory system.

Central Florida Motorsports, Inc.- Ford Focus & Mustang Performance Parts & Accessories - Home

White 1994 Cobra S-Trim

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&crooked View Post
Shaker 500 radio non-nav

I replaced the front speakers with some Focal's and it was a huge improvement. Are rear's worth changing or should I add amp next?

JL Audio XD700/5 5-channel car amplifier — 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

Thanks!
I just recently upgraded the door speakers on my Shaker 500 with Focal IC 570's. They sound great!

I had previously upgraded them with Boston Acoustic S85's, and that was a nice improvement, but the Focal IC 570's are much better. I moved the S85's to the rear deck. Well, actually I had the shop do it all for me this time aournd because I didn't want to deal with pulling apart everything to do the rear deck speakers.

Vista Blue 2009 V6 Premium w/Pony Package, X-Charger Xtreme #276
Auto, Custom duals, GT500 8.8 w/3.73 gears, Shaftmasters driveshaft, Konis, GT brakes, Roush rear springs, and various interior/exterior upgrades
48 states road tripping in my Pony...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&crooked View Post
Shaker 500 radio non-nav

Thanks!
I swapped my rear speakers out with Infinity 6832cfs and it made a noticable difference --- I think it is a worthwhile investment.

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012
PONY Member

I changed my rear speakers with pioneer's from Crutchfield's and made a big difference.

2008 Black Mustang GT/CS, 5 speed manual, G/T appearance package, FRPP 4.10 gears, Charcoal Aluminum interior panel, Interior upgrade. Roush TVS stage 1 SC , Stang Hi dyno-jet 93 Oct tune, Pypes LT's X-pipes and delete mufflers, MGW shifter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
amp upgrade , focal , jl amplifier , rear speakers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page