I need advice from some audio experts - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Nice! The box I have is going to impact trunk space. Since I dont' have a spare, down the line it might be nice to make a box out of that area. Thanks for the input on this. I get my stuff shipped to me next week.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Did i miss something, i didn't see where the OP indicated the amp he was using? Also you will need to find a 12V turn on wire for the new amp. The harnesses for the stock amps does not have one, so you will most likely be running this from the fuse box, unless the amp you have chosen has this technology built in, i know the LC2i can generate a 12v turn on wire as that is what i use for my amps. Obviously the ground for the new amp can be run right to the chasis where ever you decide to mount the amp.

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I actually never did state it but he's correct. I'm guessing he guessed what I bought. It's a cheap mtx combo system that I used with gift cards I got from christmas. I basically paid 10 bucks for the whole system and wiring kit. Here is what the description from the amp says. Also if I need to find a 12v turn on I may just go with a LOC because I have no idea.

about the amp:
The 800 watt high powered mono block amp is perfectly matched to this enclosure and has both high and low level inputs with a built in crossover and bass boost. With the variable crossover and bass boost options, this subwoofer/amplifier package lets you customize the bass response to your vehicle. It also has 3-way Protection circuitry (Short/Thermal/Overload) which makes this amplifier virtually impossible to blow.

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKJR View Post
I actually never did state it but he's correct. I'm guessing he guessed what I bought. It's a cheap mtx combo system that I used with gift cards I got from christmas. I basically paid 10 bucks for the whole system and wiring kit. Here is what the description from the amp says. Also if I need to find a 12v turn on I may just go with a LOC because I have no idea.

about the amp:
The 800 watt high powered mono block amp is perfectly matched to this enclosure and has both high and low level inputs with a built in crossover and bass boost. With the variable crossover and bass boost options, this subwoofer/amplifier package lets you customize the bass response to your vehicle. It also has 3-way Protection circuitry (Short/Thermal/Overload) which makes this amplifier virtually impossible to blow.
That's good to know, and since you will already be wiring the amp thru the fire wall to get power from the battery, running a remote turn on thru there will be alot easier than wiring in a LOC, the only potential issue, is that your amp will turn on at all times when the car is on. There are several switched power circuits in the main panel there under the hood. If you want any specific locations or wire colors for the rear speakers you will need to tap i can look that up when i get home, just let me know.

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Before my next question I want to say to everyone thank you very much for answering all these questions! I really appreciate it. So my next question is.. what would I connect the remote to? Another wire or fuse?
ucb
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKJR View Post
My mistake, I mistook you and what fake posted on the last page, the pioneer amp he listed as speaker level inputs. Most of the time, when you do use the speaker level inputs, those also act as the remote turn on.
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

either way it's correct. I guess we will see what happens when it's all delivered. I think it gets here next wednesday so I'll work on it then with info I have and then see what problems I run into.
PONY Member

Not being familiar with the amps using line level input, I can't say for sure, but, if they do not compensate for bass roll-off, you will be disappointed. As you turn up the volume of your stock Shaker 500, the bass is defeated meaning that the line level you tapped is getting less bass signal the higher your volume setting. A lot of people, me included, use a LOC that compensates for this like the LCQ-1.

2015 Premium GT Vert/MT82/Ruby Red/401a/50 Yrs pkg/3:55s/Nav/Rev Sensors
Mods: MRT hood struts, MMR reservoir tank, Airaid Intake tube, K&N Filter, 50th shift ball, 50th floor mats, 50th trunk mat, Audison Tweets & Mids, all LEDs, Rockford Fosgate P3 Sub in trunk Future: Bama Tune
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Good to know. i'll keep that in mind. I may just install them as is. If I don't like what I hear I may switch to an LOC. I'm not going to be putting a ton of power to them as is, I'm just looking to add a little more low end punch. We'll see how it turns out next week.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

So about finding a Remote wire if I'm not using a LOC. Any ideas on how to find that? All my equimpent is delivered and ready to get installed this wekend.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Nevermind... I think I'm going to tap a fuse in the fuse box.
Apprentice

Anyone have pictures of how they have their LOC mounted?

My garage:
12 V6 pony package
98 Eclipse GST
94 Celica Gt-4 (st205)
91 Celica Gt-4 (st185)
91 MR-2 G-Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page