Stereo, Speakers and Amps installed - Pics - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
AJL
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I actaully have my amp under the driver's seat. All speakers are hooked up. Of course I don't have a sub, or a 5 channel amp so that worked best for me.

Should I add a sub the mono amp would be in the trunk with the sub.

Anyway, the deck is nice. I had thoughts of replacing my deck but didn't like any of the adapters I've seen. Sucks though should I get a deck now, I aready spent 40 bucks on the RCA adapters.

Just an FYI if you have an Iphone or Droid there are some real good EQs... unless you already have an EQ on your deck.

2011 Mustang Convertible Kona Blue - FRPP Sport Axleback - Bama 93R - Blackout Panel - Tri-Bar Valve Caps - Airaid CAI - 4x JL Audio C2-570x - Alpine MRP-F300 Amp - Speaker Sound Dampening - 27% tint all around.

In the future: Kona Mirror Covers, Boss 302 Suede Steering Wheel, Possible Mono amp/Sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I currently just have a Kenwood amp and 2 10" rockford fosgate P2 punch (4ohm dual voice) subs in my trunk on the stock radio. I just tapped into the rear speakers in the deck for the inputs. Really almost too much... since I almost always have it turned down on the amp. I really want to upgrade my speakers to get some better balance of sound, but I haven't decided whether or not an amp or a aftermarket radio is the way to go. I am worried about losing the functionality of my steering wheel buttons. No I don't have SYNC, but I changed out for a GT500 steering wheel and uploaded the Boss As-Built Data to make the buttons functional (Volume and Preset Change buttons). Anyone know of an aftermarket radio that will utilize these controls?

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 MT Red Candy
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post
I actaully have my amp under the driver's seat. All speakers are hooked up. Of course I don't have a sub, or a 5 channel amp so that worked best for me.

Should I add a sub the mono amp would be in the trunk with the sub.

Anyway, the deck is nice. I had thoughts of replacing my deck but didn't like any of the adapters I've seen. Sucks though should I get a deck now, I aready spent 40 bucks on the RCA adapters.

Just an FYI if you have an Iphone or Droid there are some real good EQs... unless you already have an EQ on your deck.
As far as subs go, I was going to go with a square solobaric or MTX square, but I have to be able to put my dog bed in the trunk, so hence the shallow mount speakers.

Honestly, to me the shallow mount is good enough for me. But i really only listen to 90 percent Rock and some House/Trance with some R&B as well as some country. My sub is set to 2 on my deck, with the high pass filter for the speakers cut off at 100 Hz. The max volume goes to 62 on the head unit, and I have had it up to 50 as that is all my ears can take. Needless to say it really thumps. The square sub would have been too much for me IMO. YMMV

Hope this helps ya

Apprentice

If anyone else decides to swap out the stock system let me know I have a barely used metra kit Ill sell for a real good price.

Procharger w/open filter 7lbs boost.
3.73 Ford Racing Gears
BBK Cermic Headers
BBK Catted X-Pipe
Flowmaster Force2 Mufflers
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthirster View Post
If anyone else decides to swap out the stock system let me know I have a barely used metra kit Ill sell for a real good price.
Did you go back to stock? Or is there another kit out there that you like better?

Thanks
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyjoe77 View Post
Did you go back to stock? Or is there another kit out there that you like better?

Thanks
Hey Caddy, I was looking on Amazon, and the guy who reviewed it said you need to get an adapter as well as an antenna adapter. What does he mean by that? Did you have to do that too?

2012 3.7L V6 Black MT82 / Smoked Taillights / 15% Tint
Boss 302 Steering Wheel / Black Billet Grill / Airaid Cold Air Intake
GTCS Pedestal Spolier / Pypes Pype Bomb Axleback Exhaust

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezerBurn View Post
Hey Caddy, I was looking on Amazon, and the guy who reviewed it said you need to get an adapter as well as an antenna adapter. What does he mean by that? Did you have to do that too?

Yes, i bought the adapter's on amazon, it says they are for ford/chrysler vehicles with nav. I dont have Nav but if i recall correctly there is a harness, and also it came with all the wires; i.e. speaker, power, antenna...etc
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthirster View Post
pm me please, interested. to the op looks great! I'd really like to see the sub in the spare tire hole, snap a pic for us please.

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyjoe77 View Post
Yes, i bought the adapter's on amazon, it says they are for ford/chrysler vehicles with nav. I dont have Nav but if i recall correctly there is a harness, and also it came with all the wires; i.e. speaker, power, antenna...etc
Where did you find that? I could only find the antenna adapter

2012 3.7L V6 Black MT82 / Smoked Taillights / 15% Tint
Boss 302 Steering Wheel / Black Billet Grill / Airaid Cold Air Intake
GTCS Pedestal Spolier / Pypes Pype Bomb Axleback Exhaust

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page