Mach1000 audio system - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Mach1000 audio system

I'm looking at purchasing my first stang. I just checked out a stang with that audio system and my friend was saying that if I want to put a I double thin nav that I won't be able to took up that Mach system to an aftermarket deck? Please help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012
MACH I Member
V6 Member

Send a message via MSN to Derfdog15 Send a message via Yahoo to Derfdog15
the mach system doesnt take kindly to aftermarket subs/speakers, a head unit with the proper connections should work. I would check with an audio shop or two as well as best buy just to make sure though, but from what I understand you can use an aftermarket head unit as long as you use the correct adaptors/wiring harnesses.

2003 Redfire V6,
Show: Smoked everything, cobra front bumper, gt rear bumper, rear decklid and lower valence blackout with black mustang letters, 5% rear front 15%, black 98 Cobra rims front, 95 Cobra R rear black with chrome lip, black scoops and spoiler and exhaust tips

Go: CAI, True Duals with flowmaster super 44's, Bama Tune, full suspension (lowered, 8.8, 4.10s, UCA, LCA, springs, CC plates)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Okay, Another thing is my friend was also saying if i do a pully kit on the car that because it slows down the accessories that it will hurt the radio and maybe put more stress on my alternator because the mach 1000 requires a lot of power...is that possibly true? What are some good cheap power mods besides exahust and intake

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Another question.. I saw a ipod/aux cord for the mach 460 but what about the mach 1000.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012
MACH I Member
V6 Member

underdrive pullies are pointless, its almost 200-300 bucks +install for 2-3 hp and more strain on the electrical system. Also for aux you just need an in line converter to go to RCA then that into aux, honestly though your probably better off getting a new headunit, you can keep the speakers just get a new headunit with aux, usb, bluetooth, etc.

2003 Redfire V6,
Show: Smoked everything, cobra front bumper, gt rear bumper, rear decklid and lower valence blackout with black mustang letters, 5% rear front 15%, black 98 Cobra rims front, 95 Cobra R rear black with chrome lip, black scoops and spoiler and exhaust tips

Go: CAI, True Duals with flowmaster super 44's, Bama Tune, full suspension (lowered, 8.8, 4.10s, UCA, LCA, springs, CC plates)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfdog15 View Post
underdrive pullies are pointless, its almost 200-300 bucks +install for 2-3 hp and more strain on the electrical system. Also for aux you just need an in line converter to go to RCA then that into aux, honestly though your probably better off getting a new headunit, you can keep the speakers just get a new headunit with aux, usb, bluetooth, etc.

True, The mach1000 is awesome best audio system I have herd. I will eventually get a in dash nav but I dont want it to effect the speaker system one bit.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012
MACH I Member
V6 Member

if you do what most do, you can get the install kit(dash kit+harness) and plug the aftermarket radio into the stock harness, using stock speakers, the issue is once you do you WILL want better speakers, and then better amps, and soon you become a true audiophile.

2003 Redfire V6,

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfdog15 View Post
if you do what most do, you can get the install kit(dash kit+harness) and plug the aftermarket radio into the stock harness, using stock speakers, the issue is once you do you WILL want better speakers, and then better amps, and soon you become a true audiophile.

If I used an aftermarket deck with all stock equipment it will sound just as good as stock right? Becuase I herd the mach 1000 doesn't like modifications lol
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012
MACH I Member
V6 Member

it will sound as good as it does currently, except that the headunit will be pushing better quality sound, so it will seem to be worse, its a condradiction i know, just trust me, you will start with a headunit and end with a system,

I just wanted to surprise my dad when he got home so i replaced his blown speakers, and from there i was like they arnt getting enough power, got a new headunit, and was like WHERES MY BASS, so i got him some shallow mounts, dropped about 600 on a vehicle that isnt even mine.

2003 Redfire V6,

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

well the thing is i dont want to change the speakers, they should great and i dont want to put extra money into it. so if its going to sound worst ill use my cd player and hand held nav if its going to be the same ill get an indash nav
MACH I Member
V6 Member

in dash nav is expensive man, just use a cellphone and keep the stock radio if you want to keep the stock look.

2003 Redfire V6,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page