Ultimate Electronics will not install aftermarket head unit! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004 Thread Starter

Ultimate Electronics will not install aftermarket head unit!

So, I buy an Alpine 9835 and I want it installed in my 04 GT with the Mach460 system. I have the 6CD in Dash head as of now. They spent 3 hours or so messing with it and they came back and said there is no harness that will support my current amplifiers (the stock 460 ones). Either they could not find the amp on wire or whatever. after hooking it all up they only got soun from the tweeters/midrange speakers and nothing else. So I had them box everything up, and I took it home. I'm gonna figure out a way to do it, but if anyone has any ideas for me, I can't stand the 6 Disc changer, and I want this head unit!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004 Thread Starter

Why is it so hard to install an aftermarket head unit in the 04's. No one has instructions or even wiring schemes. Flemworld.com only has the 460 wiring schemes for the pre 04's which are apparently different from whateveryone says.

I've looked on every forum I can find and no one has anything!

I do have some theories loosely based on fact. The mach 460 head has the crossovers built in. The tweeter lead for the front and read all go to the amp behind the dash out of the standard harness that every mustang uses. The low lines come out of a separate 8 pin harness from the head unit and go to the two amps in back. One controls and front woofers, the other the back woofers. Is it possible that the back leads would handle me splicing rca's onto them and using the Alpines crossover pre-outs into that and thereby getting the signal to the back and just sending the highs through the standard harness. I think that is what it will take. If anyone has any ideas or maybe a definitive page that I've missed I would appreciate it.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004
GT Member
4.6L Member

there is a company (im sorry i dont remember who it is, try Metra they make a lot of car audio pieces) that manufactures a device that has a series of "slide switches". i have installed many car stereos in my day, and i was so damn confused trying to put a radio in my 97 gt with the mach 460. when i bought my 98 cobra i just sent it to a car audio store and they installed it for me. im not sure what that piece is with the switches, but im pretty sure it is needed, and i know its designed specifically for mach 460s. sorry i couldn't be more help.

1998 SVT Cobra #4941 of 5174 built on June 19,1998
4.30s, Speedcal, WMS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Sniper Tuner, March pulleys, Mac O/R H pipe, Flowmaster orig. 40's, King Cobra clutch, D/S rotors, FRPP 9mm's, Max. Motorsports C/C plates, Termy front control arms, H&R SS springs, MM solid steering rack bushings, Tokico HP struts and shocks, Mac subrames, HID Bi-Xenon 6000k kit, Saleen 18" wheels, Saleen S-281 spoiler, sequential tails
Up Next: Termi diff, 31 spline Axles, LPW girdle, MM LCAs

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006

mach 460 aftermarket harness

you need the Metra 70-5519 harness. Its the only one available. You can get it here: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=265-790:thumbsup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page