460 sound system - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

460 sound system

i have a 03 mach 1 with the 460 sound system, all of the sudden i turned the car on and i had no bass coming from any of the speakers in the car. i checked for blown fuses and such and there were none from what i could tell. everything else seems to still be working except the bass tone of the speakers, has anyone else had this problem or know of any solutions or suggestions to go about this. would it be just easiest to stick a 10 in the trunk or a couple 12s and just deal with it?

thank you for all the imput

03 mach 1, BBK LT headers, BBK o/r X pipe, flowmasters, 275/40/17 front - 315/35/17 to hook up the rears on blak 03 cobra wheels and yes ist a AUTO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member

Did you check the Bass setting to make sure it was turned up? I know it might be a silly suggestion, but that may have been easily overlooked, and maybe there was a glitch that put it down to zero for some reason.

Sorry I can't be of any more help. Good luck with the fix!

2001 V8 4.6L Mustang GT (auto) - daily driver
2004 V6 3.9L Mustang (auto) - sold
God bless all!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Yes s I have the bass all the way up right now just to see how much it actually is putting put, which is none at the moment
So I think I'm going g to end up just throwing a sub in the back just to have something

03 mach 1, BBK LT headers, BBK o/r X pipe, flowmasters, 275/40/17 front - 315/35/17 to hook up the rears on blak 03 cobra wheels and yes ist a AUTO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page