post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_351 View Post
I redid my 11GT. Here is how:

Disassembling a 2011 Mustang GT for a stereo install

I changed the fronts and rears, added a Stealthbox to the trunk, and added amplification for the whole works.

Stock head unit, you cannot tell anything was changed (until you turn on the stereo, then it's pretty obvious )

You can see the final results of the remaining trunk space here:

2011 Mustang GT

Don't lose much mounting the amps like this.

Hey its been a long time since i got on the forum but i recently installed both subs and amp and kept everything else the same. i have one question though how did you hook up everything to your factory stereo. i was unable to find a wire to tap into that i could use as a remote start for my amp so i tapped into the ignition acc which i didnt want to do so any tips or suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Has anyone tried the new Kicker upgrade that adds on to the factory base system with speaker amps, a sub and sub amps to supposedly tune the entire system?

Curious how good it really is....

Rookie

I've heard that system in a Shelby American modified GT500, and it sounds great and can make your ears bleed!

I took a different (cheaper) approach. Just changed out the four stock 6 x 8 with Pioneer TS-D6802R. It sounds incredibly better than stock, and the Pioneers could handle extra power if you want to give it to them.

I left the stock door bottom mid subs alone. I pulled a cover off one of them, and they are not built too bad. Much better than the upper door speakers. If I ever change them, I will use a 6.5" with appropriate adapter to fit the hole, or a drop-in 8". DVC 2 ohm speakers are available, so I think a better base response is obtainable if you are willing to spend the $$$.

6 Speed Manual, Steeda Sport Springs, Koni's, FRPP Power Package & LCAs, 3.73s

Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Wink Base radio upgrade GT 2012

I went back to OEM radio, I was not happy with the Metra dash kit as far as appearance wise. I bought online from e***. It was missing brakets and trim. Plus the dash kit would turnon by it self when the car was off. Other than that it worked fine. I could not get help from Metra to purchase the brakets.
I just installed an AudioControl L6i line converter to OEM radio and it sounds amazing. It beats PAC one I had before the aftermarket radio. The L6i outputs 9.5 volts, I have it about 3/4 to match the 6 volts input on my amp, I ear the difference compare to a 2-3 volts preamp output from the aftermarket radio. I am able to turn the volume all the way and hear clean undistorted sound.
I have MB Quart four channel amp. The L6i has an auto turn on for external amp.
I am in the process of rewiring the speakers, currently only the rear speakers and 10' Bazooka sub connected.
Apprentice
S197 Member

I put most of the Kicker system in my 12 GT. I used these as my main speakers (Infinity Reference 6832cf 6 x 8/5 x 7-Inch, 180-Watt High Performance Two-Way Loudspeaker). Everything else was the Kicker system.
The only problem I have with it is that there is no way to adjust the sub. If you have some bass heavy music you'll kave to turn down the bass from the HU.

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee View Post
I put most of the Kicker system in my 12 GT. I used these as my main speakers (Infinity Reference 6832cf 6 x 8/5 x 7-Inch, 180-Watt High Performance Two-Way Loudspeaker). Everything else was the Kicker system.
The only problem I have with it is that there is no way to adjust the sub. If you have some bass heavy music you'll kave to turn down the bass from the HU.
I did something very similar to my base 13'. The LCi6 I have is absolutely amazing and if you consider getting one you can purchase the separate bass control knob to install somewhere discreet in the front. Still considering buying one...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page