Good dash screen head unit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Good dash screen head unit

I'm kinda thinking about swapping my shaker 500 out for a different head unit. I'd like to get one with a screen. I am undecided on pop out or the I dash screen. I'd like it to be able to play DVDs, auxiliary spot or iPod docking cable that I could control from the unit. I would also like but not need a remote for it. I currently have the shaker 500 speakers along with 2 12" crossfire db3 subs in the trunk.

Living another day
To CRUSH another clay

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012
Apprentice

I bought the pioneer 4300 dvd headunit.
Instalation was easy once i remembered how to solder the harness together.
It has a ipod cable plugin to the back. Simply route it to the glove box and connect in there, had pandora integration, ipod controls and can play video from it.
Slides down and out to reveal the dvd and memory card slots.
Only thing ive had problems is it pulses between day/night brightness, but i turned them both up then blackout the screen at night with a push of a button. Hasnt annoyed me enough to look into.
Good luck finding a head unit for yourself

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

Innovatek IN-W7GPS Windows Car GPS|Bluetooth Player - Europe GPS Maps

I've had one of their cheaper units in my Ranger[IN432B] for several years now. You might not ever hear of the Innovative brand, but I am absolutely thrilled with mine. Every feature works flawlessly.

'95 Ranger 5.0 GT40X Tri-y GT40 Intake S-Trim Snow Stage 2 Lowered Baer Racing Brakes Viper Spec Tremec w/Hurst shifter Custom Interior Dakota Digital Dash Corbeau Toplines OZ Racing AM/FM/Mp3/CD/DVD/TV.

2014 GTIG 5.0 Vert Base. Sil Carb Fiber dash. Bama Race Tune. Gibson axle backs. STEEDA Springs KONI STR.T Adj. Panhard. Dynamatted. Audiocontrol LC8i Amps and Sub! Leather OEM seats. Custom Badging.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012
Rookie

@wes06, I had the pioneer 4200 in my old ride abt 2 years ago an it was awesome, wanted to get the 4300 now but what's diff abt the new one?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012
Apprentice

Its 100 more
Lol honestly iunno the differences its just what i found when i looked.
But it works very nice i love it
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominator View Post
Innovatek IN-W7GPS Windows Car GPS|Bluetooth Player - Europe GPS Maps

I've had one of their cheaper units in my Ranger[IN432B] for several years now. You might not ever hear of the Innovative brand, but I am absolutely thrilled with mine. Every feature works flawlessly.
Can the unit stay opened after you turn off the vehicle or does it close?

Living another day
To CRUSH another clay
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012
PONY Member

Garage
For me personally I ended up getting the kenwood ddx319 which is a nice system. I'm able to play DVD's, movies off my ipod, and everything. the only thing I might change is getting the 419 which come's with the bluetooth set up. I should also say if you get the nav package installed just as a heads up in order to get the update it will cost you another 100 to get it from garmin. I hope this helps also here's is a link over to where I got the system from Kenwood DDX319 DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

2007 Mustang GT Red / Manual / Airaid CAI / Tuner / Smoked third brake light / CCFL Smoked Halo Headlights / HID headlights / Flowmaster American Thunder axle back exhaust / JBA Long Tube Headers / Off Road H-pipe / Line lock / Roush Short Shifter
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07ccdskaterv6 View Post
Can the unit stay opened after you turn off the vehicle or does it close?

Living another day
To CRUSH another clay
Are you asking if the screen stays deployed with the ignition off? The unit I have has a fixed screen that does not retract into the radio. It has 3 adjustment angles and goes flat to access the CD/DVD slot.

'95 Ranger 5.0 GT40X Tri-y GT40 Intake S-Trim Snow Stage 2 Lowered Baer Racing Brakes Viper Spec Tremec w/Hurst shifter Custom Interior Dakota Digital Dash Corbeau Toplines OZ Racing AM/FM/Mp3/CD/DVD/TV.

2014 GTIG 5.0 Vert Base. Sil Carb Fiber dash. Bama Race Tune. Gibson axle backs. STEEDA Springs KONI STR.T Adj. Panhard. Dynamatted. Audiocontrol LC8i Amps and Sub! Leather OEM seats. Custom Badging.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

I have a JVC, mainly because I had a JVC deck defore that and had the Bluetooth and Sirius add-ons already, so I stuck with JVC so I could use those accessories, although I wanted the Pioneer.
GT Member

You guys must have pristine roads and no traffic where you live. When I went aftermarket with my head unit I considered a DVD touch screen type, but quickly realized that with how bad the roads were here combined with the heavy traffic that the need to have a tactile feel to keep your eyes on the road was pretty much a necessity. So I opted for a less expensive Kenwood with a knob and real buttons so I could feel what I was doing instead of having to look down all the time.
Apprentice

Oh did you not get the "back to the future" package?
We got the flying car mod. And the flux capacitor. Also the part where we toss trash in mr reactor for fuel
Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page