2012 Shaker 1000 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

2012 Shaker 1000

I was not impressed with the bass in my 2012 GT/CS so I decided to upgrade with a mono 600 watt amp. First thing I did was remove the sub box from the trunk. Having previously owned a 2005 GT with the shaker 1000, I was surprised at how light this enclosure was. I had upgraded the 2005 with a JL woofer and some big amps, and I still had the '05 sub box. I removed the 10" drivers from both boxes. Man did Ford ever cheap out on the new system. The old drivers have huge stacked magnets and large vented voice coils, much larger than the new ones. I installed the '05 drivers into the 2012 box and put it back in the car - huge improvement. Another change is the '05 had 4 power amps driving the subs, the 2012 has only one, same size as one of the old amps. I still want to install a better power amp. I have a 500 Watt RMS mono amp that accepts speaker level inputs. Does anyone know what the pin outs are for the 2011/2012 shaker 1000?

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I wouldn't rely on the factory wiring but that's me. I would rather run at least an 8 gauge power wire, 4 gauge preferred along with a new ground. Too may issues with grounding.

2011 SG Mustang Premium V6, MCA Edition, 3:31 Gears, 6 MT, Reverse Camera.
Steeda CAI, BAMA Tuned SCT, GT Fascia, Boss/CS Valance, Boss Front Splitter, Saleen Grille, Roush Splitters, GT500 Rear Valance, Roush AB, Black GT500 Wheels (18x10 Rear/18x9 Front), GT Front Brakes, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Adj LCAs, J&M Adj. Panhard Bar, Steeda STB, Grabber Pony SG Shift Knob, Custom Perforated/Striped leather shift boot and E-Brake Handle boot, SR Performance Shifter, Barton Shifter Bracket
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
I was not impressed with the bass in my 2012 GT/CS so I decided to upgrade with a mono 600 watt amp. First thing I did was remove the sub box from the trunk. Having previously owned a 2005 GT with the shaker 1000, I was surprised at how light this enclosure was. I had upgraded the 2005 with a JL woofer and some big amps, and I still had the '05 sub box. I removed the 10" drivers from both boxes. Man did Ford ever cheap out on the new system. The old drivers have huge stacked magnets and large vented voice coils, much larger than the new ones. I installed the '05 drivers into the 2012 box and put it back in the car - huge improvement. Another change is the '05 had 4 power amps driving the subs, the 2012 has only one, same size as one of the old amps. I still want to install a better power amp. I have a 500 Watt RMS mono amp that accepts speaker level inputs. Does anyone know what the pin outs are for the 2011/2012 shaker 1000?
That's the plan, along with a device that provides the remote turn on by sensing audio output. ie: a PAC TR-4

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
That's the plan, along with a device that provides the remote turn on by sensing audio output. ie: a PAC TR-4
I installed the Alpine MRP 500. I bought a kit that included #8 wire, a ground, various connectors, a 60 amp fuse and a remote turn on wire (Street Wires). Connected the #8 wire from the red post on the battery (using the 60 amp fuse). Connected the PAC TR-4 which gives me the remote turn on with a 2 second delay. All works well except for a loud pop when I turn off the ignition and open the door. Wonder what I can do to stop that, anyone have any idea?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page