2012 Mustang V6 Shaker 500/ mp3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

2012 Mustang V6 Shaker 500/ mp3

I have a 2012 Stang v6 Prem, I am trying to burn mp3's in separate folders to play in car, that way I can move to different folders for different types of music. Problem is I used WMP and burned them as data, they show up as labeled folders on the PC, however when I put the cd in the Shaker it first scans the disc and then shows a message "bad disc" and ejects the cd. I can not figure what I am doing wrong, the manual says it will play from folders when in the mp3 mode. If I burn the mp3's without folders they play.....any suggestions would help....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012
Beast3.7

Why wouldn't you just copy your songs to a usb drive? Way more room in most cases, you don't have to go through the whole cd burning process, and you can write/erase etc all you want. I have my itunes library on a 32gb flash drive in folders and can tell sync to play a track or artist.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

I tryed that first, 16GB only put on 93 mp3's to start, when I hit AUX for it to play, I get a message "SYNC IN LINE". and nothing more, noplay. Perhaps one has to go through menu at that point to get it to play,however I did try to get sync to play a folder by saying, play folder "rock", and other variations like "play rock", my goal was to be able to say a folder name and have it play that folder from the start. When I just dump the mp3's on the flash drive it will play them, but if I want to hear lets say the 31st song I have to hit seek 31 times. thats no good. I will try using an artist name to see if I can get it to a folder.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012
Apprentice

I use a 16GB USB too, I get the Sync Line In error every now and them. Just unplug and replug the USB and restart, it should come up. Also, it may take a while, depending on how many songs you have, for the USB to be ready to play.

Sent from my HTC Flyer

2012 Race Red GT Premium, Auto, Hood and Spoiler Package

Hushpowers, BBK X-Pipe installed and sound tube gone!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012
Apprentice
S197 Member

If you get the SYNC Line In just go to the hit the menu button and scroll down a couple and you'll see a setting for SOURCE, hit the OK button then you can choose between Line In or USB.

I went through the same thing when I first got the car and my iPod wouldn't show up.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks, I will try that, seems it has to work if the manual says so. I will try AUX then "menu" and follow the lead you said,
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012
Apprentice

one thing about your usb drive it may need formated in fat32 if its in ntfs for it to be usable. on my wifes car it needed to be and on a few after market stereos.

white 2013 gt born 5/14/12
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012
Apprentice

If you don't feel like using the menu, just hit the SYNC button and say USB.

2011 Sterling Grey Metallic V6 Premium convertible
Black Interior, 6MT, Pony and Comfort packages.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Will try tomorrow, thanks
GT Member

I concur that fat32 is a must I believe. It has no way of reading an NTFS partition.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
Apprentice

I just burned a CD a couple days ago, i put the CD in my macbook, opened a window and just dragged in the folders right out of iTunes so that my CD essentially just had a bunch of folders. I burned that and it played just fine. This was all as Data, not as music, so it was the full 700mb or whatever.

Typically i have to hit the sync button and say "USB" to access that 90% of the time or it will just go to Line In.

Also, check the disc your using, I am not sure what formats the cd player reads (-/+ R, RW etc)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Ok, tried another Patroit flash drive, only copied folders with mp3's burned as data, navigated to usb got a message it cannot play. Went back to the CD folder idea, still shows "bad disk", going to get some other brand of cd to try, yet if I put the mp3's on a cd with no folders involved they play....if all else fails I will pick up some cheap 1GB drives and sort my music that way, a flash drive for each type of music....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page