2000 Ford Mustang alarm problems - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Angry 2000 Ford Mustang alarm problems

Hello everyone!
I'm having problems with my car's alarm system. When I go to turn on my car, the theft light is flashing really fast and it won't turn on at all. I think someone has tried getting in my car and it automatically locks and won't let me turn it on. I bought this mustang from somebody a while back and can't get I'm touch with them about the problem. I don't know what to do or how to deactivate it and let me turn it on. What do I do? This is the second time it has happened to me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012
GT Member
V6 Member

Welcome to the site. Take a look in the V6 section, there should be some good advice there to help you out. Have you disconeted the negitve battery cable to reset the computer, just an idea.

2002 Laser Red 5spd V6 Mustang.

1999 F-150 5.4L extended cab.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012
Rookie

i know this is about a month old, but for anyone else with the issue:

not sure if this is YOUR problem, but I recently tried programming new keys for my 2000 mustang and happen to know that when you try to use a key that is NOT recognized by the car's computer (key is cut properly but not programmed), the theft light flashes really fast when it is inserted into the ignition. also, the engine will attempt to start but no gas will be pumped into the engine (the lack of programming stops the fuel pump from what I understand).

check at a dealership/key shop, your key battery may have died if it has one, or somehow the programming got messed up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
alarm problems , car not starting , deactivate alarm , theft light flashing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page