Need help with pioneer ahv wiring harness install - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Unhappy Need help with pioneer ahv wiring harness install

Alright so I picked up the avh-1400 along with the mounting kit and metra wiring harness. I have the shaker 1000, I told the kid and he gave me the metra 705521 kit. I am stuck. I have all the wires down except the blue ones. I have the blue/white remote wire coming out of the hu, the blue antenna and the blue/white amp on from the harness, and then the TWO amp on blue/white chords coming from the smaller plug with va cables, and thats whats really throwing me off. I also need to wire in the voltage regulator somewhere in that line. First of all is the 70-5521 compatible with the shaker 1000? someone people online say yes and no? How do I finish this thing up, help would be greattttly appreciated. Do I need the 70-5520 kit? Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Gen Oasis; 07-11-2012 at 12:50 AM. Reason: added images
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

And also, if the two blue wires on the small harness are connected to the regulator with the blue from the hu, how do I hook up a bypass?

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Its the bypass install that I dont know what to do with. I got the blue wires figured out, I gotta wire in the regulator, but where should I install the chord that runs to the relay? Can I just splice in another chord before the lead goes to the regulator? Or will the blue lead going to the relay then the regulator not work?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks a lot for the help AFM forum! Oh wait.........

In case anyone else stumbles upon this and wonders, I got it figured out. I at first wired in the regulator, then tried wiring the bypass to the red ac lead on wire, as per best buy's technicians advice. DOESNT WORK! So I got the blue/white remote wire from the HU and the smaller harness and spliced the bypass in there BEFORE I then ran the blue remote to the smaller harness, which is where I added the voltage regulator. Everything is running great

Last edited by Gen Oasis; 07-13-2012 at 02:55 AM. Reason: details
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012
Rookie

hey man i got my avh 1400 yesterday thought i wired everything in correctly but the subs in the trunk of my shaker 1000 are basically non existent im guessin it has something to do with the amp turn on cables, ive got the one from the hu connected to one on the smaller wiring harness and then the other amp turn on cable connected to the blue and white wire on the larger harness. Is this correct? i havent bought the bypass or 5v regulator as of yet as soon as i get this figured out though i will start looking into those
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
hu install , wiring harness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page