What should I put in place of factory CD player ? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004 Thread Starter
V6 Member

What should I put in place of factory CD player ?

When I get a new head unit in my car---I obviously won't need the factory cd player below the factory head unit in my 00' v6...... Any ideas for what to put there? I was thinking maybe an EQ, but that **** is expensive

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004
OzPony

You can put a storage pocket in there. I have one in mine. They are great to put your wallet and cell phone in. You often see them on eBay for $10. I belive they came out factory in the Mustangs that had no CD player installed.

Mustangparts.com have them - $24 CD delete tray

Last edited by OzPony; 12-13-2004 at 09:44 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Thanks---I can't believe the thought of those never came over my mind

My only question is will this one work (2000 Cobra "R" model radio and CD player delete trays)? I don't know why it wouldn't be compatible because I doubt a CD-player would be built differently from v6 mustang to cobra, but before I order it, I'd like to know...

Also, to install it, will this be all that I need? Or will harnesses, etc. be necessary? Is the build quality of the tray good, or does it feel like it could break?

Thanks!!!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004
OzPony

It fits my '95 GT so it should fit your's. I cant comment on the quality of that one coz I brought mine off eBay. You dont need a harness, it just locks in. Mine is strong.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Alrighty, thanks for the quick response!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Got it installed with the new head unit ...... looks great! :thumbsup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page