2013 - Steering Wheel Swap Base to Premium plus aftermarket GPS Head Unit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

2013 - Steering Wheel Swap Base to Premium plus aftermarket GPS Head Unit

Hi,

I am taking delivery of a 2013 Mustang GT Base Convertible next week.

I am planning to install my new Pioneer Avic-Z140BH with Metra Dash Kit, PAC SWI-RC Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface, PAC C2R-FRD1 Ford Radio Adapter next week as well.

The Base model only has 5 buttons for the Radio.

1. What I am wondering is if I swap my steering wheel to the Premium wheel, will I get the use of the extra radio buttons?

2. Can I also use the 5 way navigation buttons on the left side of the wheel as well for the radio control?

3. Does the Mustang need to be updated in anyway to make use of the Premium Steering Wheel with an aftermarket radio adapter?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Hi everyone, install went great, but I could use more buttons on my Base steering wheel.

Has anyone swapped the base steering wheel to premium and gotten more function from the buttons?

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by St8gt View Post
Hi everyone, install went great, but I could use more buttons on my Base steering wheel.

Has anyone swapped the base steering wheel to premium and gotten more function from the buttons?
Wish I could help. I'm planning to get my hands on (no pun intended lol) a Premium GT steering wheel for my 2006 base convertible. Mine only has the cruise control buttons, nothing else.

I believe the radio & column already has wiring for the steering wheel buttons, thus only a replacement wheel needed.

Hopefully your situation will be similar.

SEARCHING FOR A NEW MUSTANG!!!!!!

Last Mustang - 2012 Kona Blue/Stone Top-Interior V6/AT convertible. Panavise Phone Mount.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I will let you know in the next week or so...if I have time to install my equipment.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2011 Kona Blue MT82 V6 Mustang Pony Package 3:31 Gear Ratio, Interior Upgrade Pkg, Security & Shaker500/Sync
Mods (in order of installed): AM Bama SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 87 Hybrid Tune, Airaid CAI, Hurst Billet Plus 2 Short Throw Shifter, Lethal O/R H Pipe w/ Stock Exhaust, Blacked-Out Tints on Rear Windows, Full Ceramic Tint on Front Windows, Metra Touchscreen Dash Adaptor, Single DIN Head Unit, 6.5'' Component Speakers Fronts, Stock Rear Speakers, 10'' Sealed Subwoofer, 4ch. and 1ch Amplifier. LED licence plate lights, LED interior dome lights, FRPP/Dynamic shocks and struts, SR Performance lowering springs, GT500 Strut Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR Relocation Brackets. Rear Seat Delete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page