WTB-Factory Door Subwoofers for 2012 - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Sean Reilly

Can somebody Verify That The 2013-MY Shaker Systems Door Subs Are Indeed Single VC's......Thanks.............Sean

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

WTB 2013 OEM Door Subs

I'm looking to buy a reasonably priced pair of 2013 OEM door sub takeouts. Want to test them against the 2012 and earlier style to see if they made an improvement in quality of design and sound.

Please PM me if you want to sell yours.

Thanks.

Shipey

6 Speed Manual, Steeda Sport Springs, Koni's, FRPP Power Package & LCAs, 3.73s
Rookie

I have a 2012 V6 , not premium, so doesnt have a shaker system. Do you think I can get the 8" kicker subwoofers installed in my car? Do I need to cut the door panels?

PONY Member

You would have to cut the door panel and the foam behind it in the cavity that the sub would rest, and probably have to procure some kind of mount for the sub. Don't know if the opening inside the door behind the interior panel will accommodate the speaker without a mount of some kind, but the interior steel panel of the door should have holes in it for the factory mount if it did have shaker. You should also have an unused harness plug inside the door when you take the door panel off. At least my '11 base v6 did. Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 GT C/S, MT82 Race red with all black interior
Conti Extreme Contact DWS's 245/45 ZR 19
GT500 axle-backs with resonator deletes, FRPP tune
BMR poly LCA's
PONY Member

This is good and all, but why not put some nice subs in the trunk and use the factory subs as midbass drivers?

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, 3.73's,
Hotchkis springs, 18x9.5,18x11 Forgestar CF5's, Lethal o/r H-Pipe, JLT CAI, BBR tune, Hotchkis panhard, UMI LCA relocation brackets, BMR LCA's, MGW, GT500 strut mounts, KYB struts, GT500 ab's, Steeda motor mounts, NX plate

2003 Mach 1-R.I.P
2003 Mach 1-Procharged*SOLD*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page