WTB-Factory Door Subwoofers for 2012 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

WTB-Factory Door Subwoofers for 2012

Hi All,

I'm in need of a cheap pair of factory door subwoofers for a 2012 Shaker 500 system. Speakers from an earlier model will be ok, as long as they fit and are plug compatible for the dual voice coil (DVC) type speaker connectors in the doors. 2011's are probably the same, but I don't know about years before that.

I read that 2013's are single voice coil (SVC) so they would not be compatible with the factory harness, if this information is correct.

Thanks.

Shipey

6 Speed Manual, Steeda Sport Springs, Koni's, FRPP Power Package & LCAs, 3.73s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
Apprentice

how much you looking to pay. was fixing to upgrade mine soon, wont need them afterwards...

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
Apprentice

Mine are available...

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJAG View Post
how much you looking to pay. was fixing to upgrade mine soon, wont need them afterwards...
What can you even upgrade those with?

2011 Mustang GT, Black with Black stripe.
6 Speed Manual.
3.73 + Brembo Brake Package.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.
Appearance Package 4.(Hood Scoop and Rear Spoiler)

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclearranger View Post
What can you even upgrade those with?
i mean i would sell him mine, because i will be changing mine out to something better.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJAG View Post
i mean i would sell him mine, because i will be changing mine out to something better.
I was not even aware that there were aftermarket subwoofers that would fit in those shallow enclosures... (and work with stock equipment)

6 Speed Manual.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclearranger View Post
I was not even aware that there were aftermarket subwoofers that would fit in those shallow enclosures... (and work with stock equipment)
Kicker makes direct replacements for the 8" round shallow door subwoofers for Shelby Performance Parts. I installed them and they give much tighter base then the factory ones that boom. Typical 8" subwoofers will not fit in the shallow enclosures.

Kicker Audio 8 Inch Woofers

2011 GT Coupe Premium, Black exterior with Charcoal black turned leather interior. Rapid spec 400A with 6-speed MT, 3.73 limited slip axle, 19" painted aluminum wheels, HID headlamps, comfort package. FRPP tune with K&N air filter. FRPP Touring axle back exhaust with Borla 2 3/4" over axle pipes. ST Suspensions coilovers w/GT500 mounts. Spohn poly/del sphere adjustable lower control arms and Spohn adjustable panhard bar with Steeda panhard bar brace. Hotchkis Sport sway bars.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK 5.0 View Post
Kicker makes direct replacements for the 8" round shallow door subwoofers for Shelby Performance Parts. I installed them and they give much tighter base then the factory ones that boom. Typical 8" subwoofers will not fit in the shallow enclosures.

Would you recommend them? Do you lose the chrome bezel around the subs?

6 Speed Manual.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
Apprentice

I've heard you can hit the enclosure with a heat gun and fit better ones. I'm going to have my installer try to squeeze some JL 8W3s in there. Aftermarket amp though since they dont come 2 ohm DVC.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Sorry for the delayed reply, all. I did locate a pair. I really need them for the plugs to make my own "reverse" harness so I can plug up to the factory harness without cutting it, and use the bare wire ends to hook up different subs. I think I found a suitable, high quality solution that will work with the low powered factory amplifier(s), and will post after installation in a few weeks.

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Worked on my car yesterday. After pulling the door subs and looking them after removing a cover. I decided to keep the stockers in place. Something else may sound better, but the stockers are decently constructed. Keeping them in place because I want to continue using the factory trim ring.

Does anybody have a solution for using the factory trim ring on an aftermarket door sub?

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK 5.0 View Post

Will these be a direct replacement for the stockers in a 13GT?

2013 GT, AT, JBA ceramic LT with catted H pipe, resonator delete, GT500 axlebacks. Steeda CAI, Brenspeed tuned, AMR chrome wheels, Cooper
RS3-S tires, Focal door and rear coaxial speakers, Shelby-Kicker door subs

2013 V6 performace pkg, airaid CAI,BBK throttle body, Bama tuned, MTX thunderform, Pioneer Coaxials, alpine KTP-445U amp
The love of my sons life
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by strany View Post
Will these be a direct replacement for the stockers in a 13GT?
Was also wondering this.
PONY Member

They are a direct replacement. You loose the chrome ring and have to use supplied cover. They are a different ohm, so they will not perform, unless you use a small amp to power them.

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipey View Post
Hi All,

I'm in need of a cheap pair of factory door subwoofers for a 2012 Shaker 500 system. Speakers from an earlier model will be ok, as long as they fit and are plug compatible for the dual voice coil (DVC) type speaker connectors in the doors. 2011's are probably the same, but I don't know about years before that.

I read that 2013's are single voice coil (SVC) so they would not be compatible with the factory harness, if this information is correct.

Thanks.

Shipey
Have you checked junk yards, I know my 2012 Gt was totaled out and is sitting in a junk yard in Hammond Indiana right now waiting to be parted out, You can find anything on the car that is usable and it would be cheaper that route.
My car was totaled due to front end impact but interior of car was unharmed.

2013 Black Mustang GT/CS, Glass Roof, 6sp Manual,355 Gear, Shaker Pro Audio

Future Mods: Window Tint, Boss 302 Side exit exhaust, MGW Shifter............?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page