Will 12-inch subwoofers fit in a Mustang trunk? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalman302 View Post
So I guess that's a no, you don't know how to get 2 ohms from 4 ohm sub(s)?
depends... svc or dvc? mono or 2 channel?

2000 v6 mustang RED: Totaled

2002 Mustang GT Convertible SILVER:
MGW short throw shifter, 4.10 gears, Bama Performance tuner, Airaid CAI, Bassani off-raod x-pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, Athracite FR500's (275 front, 315 rear), Bilstein shocks/struts, H&R lowering springs, Maximum Motorsport cc plates, Mach 1 chin spoiler, shorty antenna,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESG-642T View Post
Nope and Nope

Never really need a capacitor, its a band-aid at best.
and despite esg constantly saying no without giving a reason, here is why i recommend a cap. you want your subs to take energy from the capacitor when the subs have a hard peak. instead of running straight from your battery which is a strain on your alternator, you pull energy from a "storage device" near your amp. its a buffer between your amp and car battery. its better helps the subs demand for power. and instead of people playing around in this thread and just negating what each other say, check out crutchfield.com, they have everything from wiring diagrams to specifics on amps. they also have many articles on why you should have a capacitor regardless your set up. it will tell you everything you need to know. apparently past experience on the same car as yours as well as having a job with a car audio shop is not enough for me to recommend things without getting told im wrong or stupid. like i said these are my recommendations. you dont have to listen to them nor do people have to tell me im wrong. just trying to help you out o/p.

2000 v6 mustang RED: Totaled

2002 Mustang GT Convertible SILVER:
MGW short throw shifter, 4.10 gears, Bama Performance tuner, Airaid CAI, Bassani off-raod x-pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, Athracite FR500's (275 front, 315 rear), Bilstein shocks/struts, H&R lowering springs, Maximum Motorsport cc plates, Mach 1 chin spoiler, shorty antenna,
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Ponyboy4
Thanks for the help. i've researched the capacitors a little. theyre more of a "really should" than a "need."

2004 40th Anniversary GT - Sonic Blue, Daily Driver, Steeda Short-throw, SR Performance CAI, Magnaflow Magnapack mufflers

GT Member
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to ESG-642T
Quote:
Originally Posted by LjGamer1 View Post
and despite esg constantly saying no without giving a reason, here is why i recommend a cap. you want your subs to take energy from the capacitor when the subs have a hard peak. instead of running straight from your battery which is a strain on your alternator, you pull energy from a "storage device" near your amp. its a buffer between your amp and car battery. its better helps the subs demand for power. and instead of people playing around in this thread and just negating what each other say, check out crutchfield.com, they have everything from wiring diagrams to specifics on amps. they also have many articles on why you should have a capacitor regardless your set up. it will tell you everything you need to know. apparently past experience on the same car as yours as well as having a job with a car audio shop is not enough for me to recommend things without getting told im wrong or stupid. like i said these are my recommendations. you dont have to listen to them nor do people have to tell me im wrong. just trying to help you out o/p.
I could give him a page long reason, most of us audio guru's don't buy subs/amps/etc from crutchfield. I used to compete in USACi, even have my own termlab! Besides the /show/ cars you don't see any of those guys using capacitors. Stock alternator, optima battery, wiring upgrade, will handle most of what people do.

here is a video from years ago when I was into all that:
Camaro VS Mustang - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy4 View Post
Thanks for the help. i've researched the capacitors a little. theyre more of a "really should" than a "need."
See , don't give a reason people do a little research :P!!!!!

- 2002 V6 Mustang Daily
- 86 Buick "Nope its a monte calro"
FS: 94-04 heads, cams, ported intakes.
MACH I Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Your starter draws like 3x the current than a 1,000w rms amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page