No power to headunit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to airdwayne
Exclamation No power to headunit

recently i installed an Amp and Sub in to my 1989 mustang lx 4cyl. and after testing it for a second, the radio shut off. i checked the fuses under dash and it looks fine. i then checked all the wires on the radios wireing harness. all look good. any ideas why i am getting no power to my radio? and can someone tell me what the red push button is that is located right next to the fuses? i pushed it and now, all the lights minus headlights flash. please help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005
GT Member
5.0L Member

what model/year do you drive? Also, the no power could be a blown internal fuse, but lets hope not, test your power wires for continuity and voltage.

Cardinal Red '88 GT 5 speed, 99 Contour Electric Dual Fans, Battery relocated, 130 amp alternator, 76mm Mass Air conversion, 75mm BBK throttle body, 5.0L .030 over, BBK SSI, AFR 185cc heads, Comp Cams XE276HR, BBK ceramic longtubes, Spec Stage II clutch, MM front/rear coil overs, MM front LCA's, MM manual brake conversion, Flaming River Manual Rack, 94-04 Cobra front brakes, 99 Cobra IRS, Torsen T2R differential, 3:55 gears
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to airdwayne
thanks for the reply. i figured it out. i was only looking at one fuse. i only thought there was one fuse for the radio. soon i seen the other and seen it was blown. thanks again for the reply. if it still maters, my mustang is a 1989 Mustang LX coupe 4cyl auto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page