Base 2013 mustang signal DSP'ed? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Base 2013 mustang signal DSP'ed?

Hi I was wondering if the base 2013 mustang signal is DSP'ed or not. I'm going to keep the factor HU since I got the tech package and also the metra stuff doesn't really appeal to me whatsoever.

Is there a full range non DSP signal to tap or at the place where I can get the signal already processed in such a way where I'd need a JL cleansweep?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choxie View Post
Hi I was wondering if the base 2013 mustang signal is DSP'ed or not. I'm going to keep the factor HU since I got the tech package and also the metra stuff doesn't really appeal to me whatsoever.

Is there a full range non DSP signal to tap or at the place where I can get the signal already processed in such a way where I'd need a JL cleansweep?
The headunit comes from factory with special eq settings for the entertainment package you have in your car. I got the JBL MS8 and it is night and day. Also changed the speakers in my doors. It is a great sounding system now.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Is it pretty easy to hook up a sub-amp to that as well in combination? I was thinking of doing a 5 channel amp since I don't really know too much about electronics

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Is it pretty easy to hook up a sub-amp to that as well in combination? I was thinking of doing a 5 channel amp since I don't really know too much about electronics
Yeah absolutely. My whole setup:

I tapped into the stock wiring harness and ran lines to the JBL MS-8 in the truck. I then have my door speakers amped by JL. From the amp I ran the wires back up to the column and tied them into the stock wires running to the doors. I also have a single sub in the truck.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013
PONY Member

If your afraid to dive in yourself find a good car audio place near you to install everything.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Well I like to do projects as I put in a sub in my old car myself (proud moment!)
But I'm not too clear by what you're saying you mean you ran the signal line into your trunk instead of truck? Also how did you put power to both amps? In parallel or series?

Also have you heard some of the other line out put converters with equalizers? I just hear a lot of different opinions on people who only have owned 1 particular item, but not too much of a comparison.

BTW really appreciate the feed back

Also can the MS-8 fit under the passenger front seat?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013
PONY Member

It's hard to explain without going into full detail, so, I just will! I pulled my stock head unit out and cut the stock wiring harness so one end was still connected to the radio and the other end went to the speakers in the car. I then connected speaker wire to the end that was still connected to my head unit to the MS-8. I believe the MS-8 is s great processor. I am an audiophile and I actually do pro audio for work. I then ran the output of the MS-8 to my jl amp then back up to the other end of the cut wiring harness so I didn't have to replace the wiring in the doors(I heard its a pain). The ms-8 has a sub out so I of course ran RCA to my sub amp. I ran one power cable from my battery back to the truck and daisy chained everything together off that one line. It took me a few days to get everything done and tuned. I ran all the cables down the passenger side of the car under the carpet by the door.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013
PONY Member

Also of you are going to run a DSP you won't need a line out converter. The DSP should convert internally.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013
PONY Member

I'm also not sure if the MS-8 can fit under the seat. I screwed all my amps and MS-8 to the back seat in the trunk

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

wow thanks for the reply. Ahh that answered quiet a bit for me.
Also just one more quick Q, when you screw in the amps and MS-8 into the rear of the back seat, what are you screwing it into? Cheap plastic? MDF? How long of screws and how hard to know you to torque it?
Thanks!
PONY Member

Quote:
wow thanks for the reply. Ahh that answered quiet a bit for me.
Also just one more quick Q, when you screw in the amps and MS-8 into the rear of the back seat, what are you screwing it into? Cheap plastic? MDF? How long of screws and how hard to know you to torque it?
Thanks!
Every amp will come with screws. There is a piece if wood in the back of your seat and it screws in there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page