No bass coming form my speakers - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

No bass coming form my speakers

I just got this car and dont know too much. Anyway I turned on the radio and I have no bass and really not too much sound at all coming from the back speakers. I opened the trunk and can see the amps on either side but I have no tools to pull the bottom cover off. They make sound. It's just awful sounding and not very loud. the front tweeters have more sound coming from them. Any ideas?

02 Mustang GT Hard Top. 3.73 rear, CAI, No A/C,Performance suspension, Straight pipes from the cat. Bama Tuned. Rear upper and lower control arms with poly bushings.
Future mods: Cam, 3.9 rear, better suspension, Lightweight drive shaft, subframe connectors, larger tb, Long tube headers with electronic cutouts and SLP LMII's, SCT tuner, better wheels and tires, possibly a 2500 torque converter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013
Apprentice

What model of Mustang and year do you have?

2013 GT, AT, JBA ceramic LT with catted H pipe, resonator delete, GT500 axlebacks. Steeda CAI, Brenspeed tuned, AMR chrome wheels, Cooper
RS3-S tires, Focal door and rear coaxial speakers, Shelby-Kicker door subs

2013 V6 performace pkg, airaid CAI,BBK throttle body, Bama tuned, MTX thunderform, Pioneer Coaxials, alpine KTP-445U amp
The love of my sons life
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Its a 2002 Mustang GT

02 Mustang GT Hard Top. 3.73 rear, CAI, No A/C,Performance suspension, Straight pipes from the cat. Bama Tuned. Rear upper and lower control arms with poly bushings.
Future mods: Cam, 3.9 rear, better suspension, Lightweight drive shaft, subframe connectors, larger tb, Long tube headers with electronic cutouts and SLP LMII's, SCT tuner, better wheels and tires, possibly a 2500 torque converter.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

okay I have some more info. I bought this car a couple of weeks ago. I think the previous owner had an aftermarket sub and amp in it (which were removed when the douche sold the car). I can see a10ga wire and an rca cable in the trunk. it also has an aftermarket deck in it. All of my fuses look okay. I think all I am getting sound from is my front and back tweeters. I'm gonna borrow my brothers amp to see if that might make the difference in my speakers but any advise is appreciated.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013
Apprentice

Same way i bought mine no bass. I bet you its the wrong harness for the speakers on cd player. It should be tge harness with rca's on it. Or the amps are shots

zzzzzooooooommmmmm
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Guess I gotta pull the CD player out and hope that they didn't chop the wires. It wouldn't surprise me with all the other rigs I've fixed. Thanks for the advise marcus

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013
Apprentice

The thing is if they got the regular mustang harness and not the mach 460 harness. Only the 4 tweeters play.

zzzzzooooooommmmmm
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I went back there and they did chop off some wires I got the back speakers spliced in to an output. I'll buy the proper harness when I get paid next week. They did cut out some wires. Do you have any idea what the two orange wires are for? they look like a 16ga one solid the other striped.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013
Apprentice

If its 2 of the same color and 1 with strip sound like speaker +,-. I dont remember that color though

zzzzzooooooommmmmm
Apprentice

This is the harness. For it to work you have to have a HU with atleast 2 pre amp outputs. The power harness is the same as a mustang without 460
zzzzzooooooommmmmm
Apprentice

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Oh man thanks! I really appreciate that!

Rookie

Send a message via AIM to DAKIDEAZY
Help

Im having the same issue but cant see where it went wrong... Got any pics??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page