Wanting to install speakers, 95 mustang gt. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Wanting to install speakers, 95 mustang gt.

Hey guys! Long time since i've been here but its good to be back, and this time with a mustang of my own I might add We picked her up tuesday last week. 95 mustang gt 5.0 5 speed. Same age as me lol. Anyhow the front speakers are junked pretty bad. I was looking at new speakers and this speaker stuff makes my head spin just a litttle. I've been reading and starting to pick a thing or two up on all the technical terms but still lost lol. I don't think i have the mach sound system since it dosn't say it anywhere on the doors but I do know that they are 5x7/ 6x8 all the way around. I don't want to spend a lot on speakers considering I'm going to Purdue next year for college but I found a set of kickers on amazon that I liked and thought would be nice considering they were 3 way. Amazon.com: Kicker DS693 6"x9" 3-Way Speakers (Pair): Car Electronics only problem is they are 6x9s. I figured they would fit in the back with a little work but I doubted they would fit in the front. Has anyone fit something like this in their door? Any suggestions on speakers. I don't want to get to far away from the 50 dollar mark, thats the reason i'm on amazon, I can get it all a little cheaper. I've got a sony stereo for right now but I may switch to the kenwood I have from my old car before to long. Thanks for any help you guys can offer and like I said to start. Its good to be back!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Amazon.com: NEW KICKER DS693 6x9" 280W 3-Way Car Speakers + DS65 6.5" 2-Way Speakers 11DS693: Car Electronics
what do you guys think of that, the 6.5's for the front and 6x9s for the back

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013
Apprentice

Me? I would not do 6x9 or 6.5. I would do 6.5 if buying component speaker meaning seperate woofer and tweeter. I would go 6x8 all around. Check these out. I have shopped here before. Read the reviews
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ate-R1682.html http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ate-R1682.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...TS-G6844R.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-SRG6832C.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...cker-DS68.html

zzzzzooooooommmmmm

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the input marcus. I went ahead and got some plain jane 6x8s for the front and picked up the 6x9s yesterday. I guess i'll find out what it sounds like. Anything is better than what is in there right now though XD lol
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013
Apprentice

Let me know how install goes

zzzzzooooooommmmmm
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Install was finished up last week. They sound pretty good. The back ones could probably sound better with a small amp but I don't have the money to deal with something like that at the time lol. As far as install went it wasn't to terrible, just time consuming. I had read about various people who would shave out metal to make them fit but I decided to go a different route. I put some spacers in to keep the lipped metal from hitting the speakers and drilled new holes. I dropped the bolts in from the top and bolted them up from the inside of the trunk. Next time it won't be so bad to deal with lol. I won't have to pull out that stupid decking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page