SO Confused on Subwoofers and Amp Compatibility - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

already have more questions! ive looked around and cant seem to find a clear answer. will this wiring kit NVX XKIT44 100% Copper 4 Gauge Car Amp Install Kit w/ 4-Ch RCA work with the 2 kicker compvr subs 2 Kicker 07CVR124 (07CVR12-4) 12" Dual 4 ohm CompVR Subwoofers and the amp MB Quart FX1.1000 1000W RMS 1-Channel Monoblock Formula Series Amp ? if not, what wiring kit or what wires should i go to a store and buy? i know it needs 4 gauge. im trying to plan out all the expenses. thanks in advance, tyson.

Tyson - 910
2005 Ford Mustang GT - Whipple Supercharged - Hurst Short Throw Shifter and 3.73 Gears - Muffler Delete - GT500 Rear Bumper - Custom Tuned by Fastlane - Black Painted Lights and Emblems - 6000K HID Fog and Head Lights - SHR Window Louvers - LED Sequential Tail Lights - Kenwood DDX419 - Gloss Black Painted Stripes - The list goes on..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member

It will work but its a 4 channel kit. This one is a 2-channel which is all you need. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...VX-XKIT42.html

Forgive me, I've been out of the audio game for a good while now. So many new brands etc these days. Lol.

The only thing I don't like about that kit is the speaker wire. I think it comes with 16 gauge wire. 12 or even 10 would be much better.

You might even look at the 2 gauge kits. That would give you some room to play should you decide to go bigger and better down the road. However, the 4 gauge should be sufficient because I doubt you'll have that amp cranked all the way up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Yup your on the right track.

I believe I used this one for my amp install. It does include 16 gauge speaker wires. I used them for my front speaker install with my amp. But the wires would be useless to you. It was super quality kit though. I think the shops that did my installs in HS used Stinger or Kicker wiring kits. NVX XAPK4 100% Copper 4 Gauge Car Amp Wire Kit with Speaker Cable

I used this for wires from the amp to the sub box. I think the 12 gauge or 10 gauge wires will work fine for your setup. StreetWires SCP1215BL 15 ft. of 12 Gauge Speaker Cable (Blue)

Basically, all you need is a 4 gauge wire kit or a 0-2 gauge kit if that amp will accept that large of a wire (0-2 gauge would be overkill though honestly for your setup). That MB Quart amp only needs 4 gauge. EDIT: 2 gauge power and ground wire is great if you think you might use a larger amp in the future. The lower gauge wire is thicker and can take more power through it for large power amps.

For your subs you can use 10 gauge or 12 gauge speaker wire from the amp to the custom box. A set of RCA's as well from the head unit to the amplifier. 12-16ft should be enough, but you can measure to check.

You don't have to go super overboard on these accessories though. They can really add up. 80 bucks + 30 bucks + 30 bucks etc. So just be careful. Don't go for the cheapest crap, because most likely their 4 gauge kit might be really thin wire that's like 8 gauge. Treat it kind of like Home Theater cables. $190 HDMI cables are great for peace of mind and performance ability, but not always necessary. If you have the money feel free to use 'em though

2011 Kona Blue MT82 V6 Mustang Pony Package 3:31 Gear Ratio, Interior Upgrade Pkg, Security & Shaker500/Sync
Mods (in order of installed): AM Bama SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 87 Hybrid Tune, Airaid CAI, Hurst Billet Plus 2 Short Throw Shifter, Lethal O/R H Pipe w/ Stock Exhaust, Blacked-Out Tints on Rear Windows, Full Ceramic Tint on Front Windows, Metra Touchscreen Dash Adaptor, Single DIN Head Unit, 6.5'' Component Speakers Fronts, Stock Rear Speakers, 10'' Sealed Subwoofer, 4ch. and 1ch Amplifier. LED licence plate lights, LED interior dome lights, FRPP/Dynamic shocks and struts, SR Performance lowering springs, GT500 Strut Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR Relocation Brackets. Rear Seat Delete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page