Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Alarms (/forums/audio-video-navigation-alarms/)
-   -   Remote Power wire (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/audio-video-navigation-alarms/42707-remote-power-wire.html)

Mxracermd 05-31-2005 12:22 AM

Remote Power wire

I have a 2001 Bullitt w/ the Mach 460 and the 6-disc in dash head unit. I was wondering which wire was the remote turn-on wire. The wire colors are different than most aftermarket stereos. I am adding and amp for a sub and need to tap into the harness for the amp. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Aryding 06-26-2005 05:49 PM

I'm not really sure, but if you don't get an answer you can find out your self by going to your local Ford dealership and getting a service manual for your Mustang. Then you can look up the colors in the book and find what your looking for. The book is relatively expensive (my guess is anywhere from $40-90, it always depends on the car), but is well worth it if you ever need to fix something. Having a dealership or any auto shop will butcher you on labor costs when you can have step by step instructions to do it your self.