Help with my Mach stereo please... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005 Thread Starter
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Help with my Mach stereo please...

I have a 2003 Mach 1 with as far as I could tell, a stock Mach stereo. Could any of you help me figure out whether it's the 460 or the other one I heard about. Also, I want to add subwoofer's to it without having to use a different head unit since I like having the indash 6 cd changer, if anyone could help out please it would be greatly appreciated...thanks alot. I usually do my own car stereo stuff, but I really like my car and I don't want to be the one to break something...thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005

the front speaker cover doesn't have anything written on it? '98 gt's say mach460 right on the speaker...

as for the subwoofer with stock head unit...

take out the head unit and see if it has rca outputs for an amp. buy an rca cable and connect it from the head unit to the amp. if it doesn't have the rca ports you need an adaptor; it's a little box that splices into your right and left speaker wire and converts the signal to rca and has the outputs on the box. they sell for around 20 bucks and you can find them at bestbuy or circuit city...

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005

What grassroots said, it should say something on the speaker near the window corner. I had a 95 mustang with mach stereo that I added a head unit and subs to. The part that you need can be found at wal-mart for under $20.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=1863065

I am 99% sure this is what you need. I assume that this will work with 99+models. I know that it will work as long as you have the right adapter. It allows you to connect each individual speaker wire (+&- for each speaker) into it and adjust the signal strength/level, or whatever you want to call, it to your liking as well as adding rca outs.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...33274%3A164122

This is only up to 97 so I am not sure if the connections are still the same on later models. I was lucky and had a 95 so everything worked fine. Unfortunatley, I sold all my stereo stuff with the car so I forgot exactly what it was. You can always try it out and if I'm wrong, return it to wally-world.

Unless you want to splice up your existing wire harness, I would go this route. It's safer IMO cuz if it doesn't work, which it should/will, it was a free trial and nothing got messed up. Trust me, I spent a few days wondering why my more powerful HU wasn't making the car go BOOM BOOM until I got the "line level converter". Then my license plate rattled just fine:laughlitt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page