I want subwoofers but I have an issue - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I want subwoofers but I have an issue

I want to install subwoofers to my car (thinking a 10" or maybe two). Unfortunately I have 20 inches rims so my spare tire is too large and doesn't fit in the spare tire compartment so it's raised up which consumes my trunk space. However I can still fit a personal suitcase inside it (to give some visual since I don't have a photo). Would a subwoofer or two fit ? Could I possibly remove the two rear stock speakers and place the subs there or are the subs too large?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Depends on a lot of things like the year of the car, the specific subs, enclosure type, amps... your best bet is to talk with the speaker manufacturer to see what is required for the subs, then talk to an audio shop and see if they have suggestions how to do it. The amp and the enclosure type and design has a lot to do with the sound so do your homework if you want best results.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin366 View Post
Depends on a lot of things like the year of the car, the specific subs, enclosure type, amps... your best bet is to talk with the speaker manufacturer to see what is required for the subs, then talk to an audio shop and see if they have suggestions how to do it. The amp and the enclosure type and design has a lot to do with the sound so do your homework if you want best results.
My car is 2004, I plan to add either two 10" subs or two 12" but im more into the 10" subs, the enclosure type doesnt matter i guess as long as it fits properly, im thinking a 1000 or 1200 watt amp to support two 500 watt subs. im still going to use my factory speakers but my headunit is aftermarket. my trunk specs are now 13.5 inches as the height, 54 inches of width (side to side) and 33 inches from my back seat pulled up to the end of the trunk.What can i get from this? will the subs and box fit?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Ground Shaker MST212 Vehicle Specific Enclosures at Onlinecarstereo.com

this is the box im considering so far. Do i need a different one?

or would yal recommend a powered sub woofer?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013
Apprentice

You would need the dimensions of that box and also the dimensions of the space you have available in your trunk with the 20" spare tire. Have you thought about maybe doing subs in the doors like they have in some of the Shaker systems?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I can put subs in the doors?
What sizes?
Would it be a good idea to replace the four stock speakers with two sub and two speakers, and put them in the stock's places?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I'm sorry guys of I'm bein annoying. Since I have an aftermarket radio, If I get subs and then an amp, should I install my two kenwood speakers and keep two stick speakers or replace them too?

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013
Apprentice

depends on you. some just add subs. some add subs and replace fronts while other replace everything. some of the mustangs with the mach systems had subs in the doors. i always got the base system so i'm not sure about sizes. i'd do a search and check with a local installer. my guess would be an 8" if it were in the door no bigger than 10" but is just a guess
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013
Apprentice

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Got my subs installed. I didnt installed the kenwoods a because the rubber was destroyed (realized after I screwed them in so imagine how pissed I was). The subs are two mtx 12" 5500 thunder. I got a mono amp pushin them via parallel wiring. I plan on add this extra amp later on, might post a picture of the setup later.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page