Shaker 500 Amp & Sub Install, 2005 Mustang - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

I installed an Infinity Basslink II 250w RMS 10" powered woofer in the trunk of my 2010 GT. I ran the remote lead from a +12v I found on the pass side of the car. It's down under the kick panel near the floor. I just kept testing with my multi-meter till I found a +12V on a harness that was on with the key on, and off with the key off. Works good, no popping in the speakers and obviously does not kill the cars battery.

I used a line converter to get the signal to the sub. BUT, I used a good one. It's made by Kicker, but I cannot remember the name of it. It sounds good regardless. I have always had Pioneer head units in the past and used the RCA's so I was a little reluctant to try the line output converter, but it works well. The sub woke my system right up. Not enough bass to wake the neighbors up, but enough to make the radio sound great!

The rest of the system was easy to install. Hope some of this info helps.

BTW- That 2006 Install is a great write up. I used the rear speakers for my signals. And actually, I used the same LOCB.2 he did. I maye re-do it like his. Anyone know if the 2006 SHAKER amp harness is the same as the 2010?

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Will be doing this to my 06' convertible 'Stang.

Will be making a smaller box due to the roof box stashed in the trunk...

I'll be maxing out the space with 2 10" Kenwood subs @ a Kenwood amp. (As of 9/27/12 $134) @ amazon: Amazon.com: Kenwood P-W1010 350-Watts 10-Inch Bass Party Pack: Car Electronics

My design allows the spare cover to be lifted when necessary. My cover is beefed up with 3/4 plywood floor so I can carry lots of stuff.

The speakers will face rearwards, into the trunk area. Does that make much difference? Does the phase need to be reversed?

Thanks!

SEARCHING FOR A NEW MUSTANG!!!!!!

Last Mustang - 2012 Kona Blue/Stone Top-Interior V6/AT convertible. Panavise Phone Mount.
Apprentice

Great article, thanks for the link!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page