6 1/2" speakers in front and rear.. 2011 coupe - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

6 1/2" speakers in front and rear.. 2011 coupe

Can anyone confirm if 6 1/2" speakers will clear the front and rear sheet metal? I am planning to cut adapters out of a plastic cutting board.

I have polk db571s in the rear now and was going to replace my front Bostons with these as well, but the tone junkie in me wants db651s for the improved bass response. I am trying to avoid needing a trunk sub.

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013
Rookie

You should be able to get them in there. The stock spacer in the front may have to come out and you can make a new one in the front. That would probably be the best way to get them in there. Are you just looking at going with 6.5" coaxials, or are you looking at getting a component set? I would look towards a component set as you'll have a better overall sound. Also are you going to be running an amp to them?

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013
Banned

Is there a DIY tutorial on how to install front speakers?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013
Rookie

There may be one in the 2011+ section. I'm not sure. The door isn't that hard to get off. There's screws all the way around the perimter, one behind the door handle and the door pull, then the door slides up. I tried to post a bit of a build thread, but for some reason it said that it had to be approved by a mod or something. I may try again, and you can see what it looks like back there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page