88 Mustang Aftermarket Alarm, Instant Arm, Cannot Disable. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

88 Mustang Aftermarket Alarm, Instant Arm, Cannot Disable.

Okay, I have just managed to finish working on my car to make it road worthy. Lo and behold, after I take it for a spin around the block twice and park it and turn it off, the alarm arms. Its on silent mode, however I know its armed because both all turn signals flash and so does the dashboard backlight. The alarm was previously put in silent mode but that didn't affect the fact that my control cannot disable the alarm. I have to disconnect the battery. Once I reconnect, the alarm insta arms again and I cannot unarm from my controller. It locks the doors automatically also, but I can still get in with my key, and put my key to "on", but still won't start.

So my problem now is, my car doesn't respond to both of my controls.
I got the car with the alarm and I have absolutely NO idea how to work it except that it has an ignition killswitch that is now enabled and won't start. I can still start it from bridging the solenoid. I managed to sort out my PREVIOUS issue of my car not starting, a tiny wire was disconnected from the starter solenoid without my noticing.

There is a tiny button connected to the alarm system, I'm not sure if its a reset button or not. I pressed it and nothing happened. I hope someone can give me insight. This is a pretty neat alarm when it functioned correctly when I first got the car...

Hope someone helps. Thanks. Attached is my alarm control. It is a Gravity Alarm, with Ignition Killswitch Relay and Shock Sensor. Should be similar to the Viper alarm systems.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alarm control..jpg
Views:	198
Size:	986.7 KB
ID:	244713  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Does anyone at least know how I could attempt to rebind the control to the alarm? Thanks.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013
Rookie

Try turning the key on and then pressing the switch in the car, or turning it on then off an pushing the switch. A lot of alarms will go into a valet mode if you do one of the two sequences. You really need the install manual for the alarm to know how to reprogram it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page