2011 GT Shaker 500 stinks - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Literally put in some Pioneer 4 ways yesterday. Night and day in clarity and performance even with the original head unit. Each door took maybe 45 min, with hand tools.

There are some great photos of others who did the job on here if you search "speaker installation."

2013 GT Base GHIG Track Pack + Recaros + GT500 AxleBacks + Boss 302 Tranny Cooler + Ford Racing Pro-Calibration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member
S197 Member

Sure, you can always improve a sound system by throwing high dollar parts at it. I did replace the front speakers on one of my shaker systems. But the factory shaker systems in neither car "stinks" IMO . Im quite happy with both of them.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Apprentice

Also try this thread.
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...cs-inside.html

2014 Sterling Gray GT Premium w/Track Pack - just purchased in Aug and undergoing upgrades immediately.
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium - Totaled July 2014, RIP
1968 Red 289 Coupe

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Shaker 500 replacement Stuff

SO I researched this site, other Mustang Forums on what to replace my 2011 GT Vert's Shaker 500 speakers with. I listened at the Car Audio stores and I decided on 4 Rockford Fosgate T series 5x7's and a 4channel amp that has 70w x 4 of continuous power and leaving the door subs alone for now! The audio store wanted about $650 for these pieces, online at Amazon exact same stuff is $400 shipped to me.

Its being professionally installed with the savings from online purchase. Next Post will be the sound test! I'm sure I will still prefer the roar of the Flowmasters but Music that's clear and loud enough to hear when the tops down is cool too!

PPC dyno Tune 93, Carbon Fiber JLT Cold Air Induction, Flowmaster AXLE back, Carbon Fiber Light bar, 6speed, 20" Shelby Rims, 425RWHP

Last edited by CBUSDANIML; 08-01-2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
shaker 500 replacement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page