1995 Mustang GT Mach 460 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

1995 Mustang GT Mach 460

I have a 1995 GT vert that originally had the Mach 460 installed, but had an aftermarket hu installed when I bought it. I purchased the Metra 70-5510 harness to see if I could integrate the factory amps. What is interesting is that there are 2 harnesses in the dash that the metra harness will hook up to. The one the hu was already hooked up to does NOT have the orange (dimmer) or blue (amp turn on) wires in it. The second harness does have these wires, but there is no power to it at all (I verified with a volt meter). Does anyone know why 2 harnesses, and if so, why only 1 works? Will hooking up the blue wire from the radio to the other harness make the amps work? Is it worth screwing around with, or am I best off running everything new? If I run new, how should I set up? I always wanted to do a component type set up, but not sure where to start.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Additional question/comment: The previous owner didn't use the RCA level input (even though the HU has 6 ch output), he had the HU hooked up to the speakers through another Metra harness (I believe it is the Metra 70-1770). Do I use both the line level and RCA inputs, or just one or the other? How does the front and rear tweeters get signal? My thought is the RCA plugs were only for the woofer amps in the back of the car. How does the front, under-dash amp, receive signal for the tweeters?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page