Ford Mustang Forum banner

05 Mustang GT System Build (Shaker 500)

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Tyneddelt 
#1 ·
Alright, I have been planning to do a system in my mustang for awhile now and i've just now gotten everything done to the car I wanted to do before starting this. I know a few things about car audio but I definitely am going to need lots of help. Right now I just want to make sure everything I have on my list will work together and perform good. I listen to rap/hip hop mostly but i'm looking for something that has more than just bass. I already have a Kenwood DDX419 head unit, the car has rear deck 6x8 speakers and front door 6x8's also, 8" subs in the doors that i'm going to take out completely or somehow fit more mid speakers in their place. Anyways, here is the list: For all the 6x8's (4) I want Kenwood KFC-C6894PS 3- way mid speakers powered by the head unit if it will work, in the trunk i want 1 12" sundown SA12 in a custom ported box powered by the sundown saz 1200D wired to 700w @ 2 ohms. Thats all i have in mind right now but i do have a few questions. Can I put mid speakers in the 8" sub mounts if i made a bracket for them? Do my mid speakers have to have a dedicated amp or can i power them through my head unit? I know this is a long, messy post but i really want to get started. I want this system to be reliable, sound great/well-rounded, and CLEAN, no stray wires all over the place.
I posted this on caraudio and got no responses so far.. I figured I would post on here since it is more mustang related questions than car audio. Hopefully you all can help me, also one more question. Has anyone done a false wall by themselves? If i could pull it off it would look super clean im sure.. Got a few other ideas ill throw around after i get some responses. :bounce2:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.