Mach 460 + power antenna - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member

Mach 460 + power antenna

My 2003 GT has a factory provided Mach 460 sound system in it, which works fine to my tastes.

The car is also equipped with a power-antenna, that rises up upon starting the car and lowers back down into the body upon shutting down the engine.

As is usual with power-antenna's I'd expected it to react to the switching on and off of the radio itself (allowing me to lower the antenna for when I decide to use a carwash for instance).

As it's wired now, the antenna rises when the contact is switched on, and lowers when the contact is switched off. I'd prefer it if the antenna was actually steered by the radio (switch the radio on, get the antenna up, switch it off, take the antenna down. The radio ofcourse reacts further to the contact, so switching the contact off would have the antenna lower aswell).

Does the Mach460 provide for an antenna power steering wire, and if so, what color/location does it have? The dealer tells me the radio does not have this capability, and the way it's wired now is the only way it would work.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2002 GT Ford Mustang V8 4.6L Satin Silver
... Pony far away from home ...
Silver / Gray Mustang Registry member #0009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page