2000 Vert w/ Mach 460 - New HU Install - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006 Thread Starter

2000 Vert w/ Mach 460 - New HU Install

Alright, ive done lots of research and I only got a few questions.

What I want to do is add a new headunit w/ built in crossover in it. Add an amp+sub and keep the factory speakers.

The crossover is so I can turn down the bass in the factory speakers because it pretty much sucks at higher volumes.

I am 99% sure I only need a 2-way crossover for me to accomplish this.

The HU I think I have decided on is the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X790 (here)
which has System E's+ Advanced Crossover system w/ Front/Back HPF and the Sub LPF.
It also has a built-in amp switch which I believe will help since the headunit is going out to amps and it does not need to use its own amp for the speakers. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am not too sure on which harness I should get to integrate the stock amps into my system. I read that I should not get the Scosche adapter and get the Metra harness. Metra's website says I need the Metra 70-5511 harness. Here

Last I am worried about vibrations from the trunk once I put a sub in there. I hear that because I have a convertible and there is barely anything between the trunk and cockpit, that it would be louder. Would this cause more or less vibrations in the trunk? I would be glad to avoid dynomatting my car.

Thanks for the help :thumbsup

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page