sub install in 5.0 vert - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006 Thread Starter

sub install in 5.0 vert

Looking to add some bass. Since it's a convertible I don't have much room, so I was looking at doing an underseat setup. I have been considering the Kenwood KSC-SW1 powered sub. I know it can't compare to an in-trunk setup but I don't need the power that that system would provide. My question is if anyone has used this in their cars and if it will actually fit under the seat. I don't have the car with me now, so I can't look and won't be home for a month. I am concerned about the seat adjustment lever getting in the way. What's your experience with underseat stuff?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006
V6 Member

If you need something small try some of these. If they are set up right they are amazing. People will swear you have atleast 10s in your car.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=16&cur=USD

Im not sure about under the seats. I would think it would be annoying a muffled. But these are only 6.5' so they dont take up much room. And they havea deal on for 2 of the subs with their NINE.2 amp. Believe me it would sound amazing.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product....ckages&cur=USD

Thats the package deal if your interested.

Enjoy

-Guardian

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006 Thread Starter

Those components look nice. Thing is, the Kenwood has the amp built into the unit, and I can get it for $160. For the Eu-700s I would have to buy an enclosure too, right? What would really be great to know, is what people have fit under their seats in 5.0s.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006
V6 Member

You would need enclosures for the 700s but you dont have to buy them. You could always build your own for cheaper.
Also depending on what your into , sound quality or just alot of bass, I would go for 700s for the Sound quality. Kenwood is not really good in that department.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page