mustang bass increase - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

mustang bass increase

my shaker 500 system in my 2005 mustang is nice but my bass is kind of weak compared to where I would like it to be. the rest of the sound is nice, not over the top loud but nice over all. so my question is how can I increase my bass and my overall sound quality to make it sound really impressive. my budget is $150-$200. I was looking at some drunk sets that are pre-made because I know little to nothing about sound set up but I would like something with some flashiness to it to make my trunk look nice if I would go that way. thanks for the help in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013
Apprentice

Would you be willing to build your own sub box or no? If you are I highly recommend the JBL GT804. I build a sealed box for it, and it sounds amazing, and its only a little 8 inch. Its 60 bucks on amazon right now, and you don't need to go too crazy with the amp, its a 200W RMS sub, so youll be fine with a 300W amp.

If you don't wanna go through all that you can get a sub in a box thats already amped for not much at all. The only experience I have with those is an MTX one thats going for ~$130 on their site right now. MTX Mobile RT8PT Universal 8" Powered Bass Tube

Theres the link for it. Bazooka Tubes also sound fantastic, but I've never heard one of the ones with the built in amp. Those will run you a little bit more too, you can get those that have an amp already too though.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014
Rookie

FYI I have a set of modified Bazookas on flea bay mounted in adapters that fit the 8" door sub location, if your car has the Shaker 500 system. They sound good, and are within your price range, shipped.

6 Speed Manual, Steeda Sport Springs, Koni's, FRPP Power Package & LCAs, 3.73s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2005 mustang , sound quality , sound system , speaker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page