Wiring for a sub-woofer in a 2014 GT with voice-activated navigation? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Wiring for a sub-woofer in a 2014 GT with voice-activated navigation?

So, this is slightly pre-mature but I would like to have this figured out before my GT gets here. I currently have a kicker sub in the truck of my 07 mustang and would love to transfer it to the GT I have ordered when it gets here. But, I have a couple of questions.

1) I'm fairly certain (99.9% sure) that this will void my warranty. I've tried looking for warranty information but everything I google just brings up Ford's extended care plans. So if I splice in a sub to the voice-activated navigation how much of the warranty do I risk voiding? and is there any way around that? (dealership install?)

2) If I do go forward with this myself does anyone have any wiring diagrams to help me figure out how to wire it in? In my 07 it was a super easy install because I got an aftermarket head unit with the sub so I just had to find the right wire harness

Any and all help is very much appreciated!

2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Black,401A Brick Red w/ Cashmere Accent, Elec Pkg, Rev Cam, Comfort Pkg
Ordered:12/18/13 VIN: 01/21/14 Window Sticker Online: 02/04/14 Scheduled: 01/21/14 Built: 02/10/14 Original ETA: 02/25/14 Delivered: 02/17/14 Home: 03/08/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wca1016 View Post
So, this is slightly pre-mature but I would like to have this figured out before my GT gets here. I currently have a kicker sub in the truck of my 07 mustang and would love to transfer it to the GT I have ordered when it gets here. But, I have a couple of questions.

1) I'm fairly certain (99.9% sure) that this will void my warranty. I've tried looking for warranty information but everything I google just brings up Ford's extended care plans. So if I splice in a sub to the voice-activated navigation how much of the warranty do I risk voiding? and is there any way around that? (dealership install?)

2) If I do go forward with this myself does anyone have any wiring diagrams to help me figure out how to wire it in? In my 07 it was a super easy install because I got an aftermarket head unit with the sub so I just had to find the right wire harness

Any and all help is very much appreciated!
Omg, it only voids the warrenty if the piece you installed caused the problem to whatever issue you are having. Just because you do something to your car doesnt automatically void it. If i throw a tune on my car and my control ams are messed up. It doesnt void the warrenty for the control arms. If you blow a head and have a tune and they find out that the tune is what caused it then your warrenty is voided for that damage. You still have your warrenty for everything else on the car unless they prove that what you added caused the problem

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Unless you really mess up with instal and it causes electrical mayhem I think you will be ok warranty wise.

2013 GT premium GHIG. 6MT. Black int. Brembos. Corsa Sports. Jlt intake. SR Springs. BMR panhard. Pilot Super Sports

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014
Rookie

This should help.

How To: Add a sub and amp to a 2013 - MustangForums.com

Not mine but I found it very helpful.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014
Apprentice

I want to add a sub, but then my golf clubs wont fit in the trunk.

2011 Candy Metallic Red Mustang GT/CS
Flowmaster 40 Exhaust, Steeda Cat Delete, Steeda CAI, 93 Bama/Steeda Tune, 275/40/19 BFG Gforce Sport Comp 2 on stock CS rims.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Alright, So I'm trying to actually wire in my sub now. I've looked through the wiring diagrams that are listed on here in the sticky (Ford Service Manuals - 2011) and I don't think that the colors are the same as what they were for the 2011-2012 model.

I was using this guide (2012 Mustang Shaker 500 Add A Sub Install - www.Evilcartman.com) on how to install it but, again, the wire colors are different. Any one have the audio wiring diagrams for a 2014?

2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Black,401A Brick Red w/ Cashmere Accent, Elec Pkg, Rev Cam, Comfort Pkg
Ordered:12/18/13 VIN: 01/21/14 Window Sticker Online: 02/04/14 Scheduled: 01/21/14 Built: 02/10/14 Original ETA: 02/25/14 Delivered: 02/17/14 Home: 03/08/14
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

Dang, wish I knew about the antenna when I installed mine, twice, LOL, I use the evil cartman method on the 11 V6, but just tapped into the right rear speaker for the sub input on the 12 GT
The 12" MTX with Kenwood Amp, bridged to 150 watts RMS is plenty for me, and that setup is almost 18 years old and still works great, had it in many cars.

2012 GT Premuim A/T Sterling Gray, Loaded, Tinted, Steeda 93 Tune, JLT Oil catch can, 12" MTX Sub, CHE LCA's, GT500's, Boss/CS Lower Fascia W/foglights.
2011 V6 M/T traded for 2012 GT
2007 GT M/T traded for CRV
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibis View Post
Dang, wish I knew about the antenna when I installed mine, twice, LOL, I use the evil cartman method on the 11 V6, but just tapped into the right rear speaker for the sub input on the 12 GT
The 12" MTX with Kenwood Amp, bridged to 150 watts RMS is plenty for me, and that setup is almost 18 years old and still works great, had it in many cars.
What type of LOC did you use? The factory radios roll of bass (as most know). The AudioControl lC2i fixes this.

Cheers
-Matt

I'm not a "tuner", I am a ecu software engineer. Its different.

2011 GT500 = It gets me from A to B

If you want good technical help. Put your Year, trim, engine, and PCM code in your post! Its easier that way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page