Good picture of the door sub. - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Kicker makes a good shallow mount sub that fits, I stayed with coaxials and also jammed some 3-way 6x9's over the rear bench. I like more of a surround "studio" affect vs mostly everything up front, but I did install some kicker cvt 6.5's up front and keep them on a low-pass filter. My sub in the trunk takes care of most of the bass...

I will admit I'm learning that I know nothing about audio set up (way too many settings and adjustments to fart with) but as of now, with a good dynamic song playing...everything sounds incredible. Some day I will consult a pro audio tuner but for now I'm very happy...this stuff starts to get stupid expensive

Last edited by percy072; 08-04-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Power mirror switch relocated to the arm rest power window switch panel, just below the window switches.

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

[QUOTE=scott_0;5707833]those tweeters are classy looking with the chrome trim, will match the interior chrome accents well. I personally went a different route as I don't like subs in my doors, I replaced them a 6. 75" Kicker component setup. took a little fabrication but worked out well. the 6.75" mids are hidden behind the stock grills

+1 on the tweeters, they look great. how do the 6.75 soud in the doors just as good as the 8's?

2011 GT, Coil overs, Headers Back, 20x9 front, 20x10 back, Intake, Tune, SCT Livewire.

Apprentice

Great post! Give us a pic of the mirror switch in its new location. Also, if you decide to change the rear speakers, let me know. I did mine quite easily without removing any of the interior panels. Remove three plastic push pins and you can slip the rear deck cover off!
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Man percy I bet those 6x9's scream right there behind you I would hate to ride in the back, I doubt anyone does though I know they don't in mine.

2011 GT, Coil overs, Headers Back, 20x9 front, 20x10 back, Intake, Tune, SCT Livewire.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA11GT View Post
Man percy I bet those 6x9's scream right there behind you I would hate to ride in the back, I doubt anyone does though I know they don't in mine.
They are good speakers however...it is proving to be near impossible to get everything tuned in!! Too many full range speakers are causing havoc, redundant cancellation, overlap, clipping at higher volumes... it sounds good at low too moderate volume...but that's no fun. I'm very interested in what ace72 has done. Got my eye on a set of Diamond components and focus more on the front stage and scaling way back on anything behind me other than my sub... otherwise it just won't work

Live and learn I guess...

Rookie

I replaced my factory door sub amp with an Arc Audio KS125.2 (75W @ 4 ohms or 125W @ 2 ohms). The 8" factory speakers were swapped for CDT Audio HD6M-DVC wired for 2 ohms. The sound is very good and bass is much better than stock. I am using Focal Integration 5 x 7 in upper doors and rear sail panels. The Focal are very efficient and designed to work with the stock head unit amplification. I will make one more attempt to get just a bit lower bass by trying CDT Audio QES-680 in the spring. They will play to about 39 Hz, and are a great match for the volume of the plastic sound chamber Ford uses in the doors. Using custom adapters, the bottom of door speakers hide behind the stock speaker grills and trim rings.

6 Speed Manual, Steeda Sport Springs, Koni's, FRPP Power Package & LCAs, 3.73s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page