Need Sound System Help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006 Thread Starter

Question Need Sound System Help

Im new to the car world, and recently bought a 2002 Mustang. I've been wanting to upgrade the sound sytem but know nothing about amps and speakers. I dont want it to be extremley loud, I just want it to be louder than the stock speakers I have. What would be something in a med. price range but with good quality? Do I just by speakers, amps, subs???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006
V6 Member

Depends what your looking for... if you want good quality, low but noticable bass, get one r two 10's (and a amp). If your looking to show it off (like me) get two 12's. Of course the brands matter... for example, one solar bear is just as loud as two 10's r some 12's

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006
V6 Member

double post...double post...double post...double post...double post...double post...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006
V6 Member

I have stock speakers... but thats becuase my Subs are so loud I can barely hear my speakers any way, do you know what I mean? Listen to a friends system and see what you think before you make a decision. Always remember that the bigger you go the heavier (loose some perfomance). And it could rattle your car/dash.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006 Thread Starter

Yeah I dont want the dash or even the car to rattle, I listen to mainly screamo so would there be a difference in a type of amp I should get?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006
GT Member
V6 Member

rerouting post to audio section

Lee
2012 V6 Ingot Silver MT
2012 V6 Grabber Blue AT
1991 Ford F150
2005 Honda Civic
----------------------------------------------
12v Guru
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

Do you just have the stock sound or the Mach system?

2002 V6 Turbo 10:[email protected]
2001 V6 Nitrous 12:[email protected]
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006 Thread Starter

stock...hell if i had the mach i wouldnt worry about the sound system...my sister has a 02 convertable with the mach and its freaken pimp as hail....but yeah stock
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

Okay, what exactly are you looking for as far as price ranges? If you're on a $500 budget, there are several ways in which to go about this. You can save some big $$$ by purchasing new equipment from shops on ebay, but you'll have to wait for it, or you can go down to the local store and buy it there. If you're looking for quality sound, then I would suggest a component system. One of the things that I would suggest if you're going component, is to purchase a mach surround for your trunk. They are on ebay for around $50.00, and have the best sound atonement. Now head units, there are a ton of quality manufacturers, but pricing is limited as to what you want it to do. If you're going to add a sub, then you should have one with sub outputs that is tunable. Would you like one amp or 2 amps with that, sir? :eyepoppin One could be purchased for the speakers/components, and one could be strictly for the sub. If you want just one, then that will limit you to just a sub, so the speakers will be wired directly from the head unit, the amp should be mounted on the back oo one of the back seats. What do you have in your trunk? What do you store in there on a daily basis? Size/usable area will be important. I transport golf clubs in my trunk, so I ended up building a custom box rather than trying to store my clubs between my sub box and amp everytime. Okay, were getting a bad storm here, so I'll post this and get back to it so I don't lose the info so far.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

Purchasing:
1. Ford radio adapter so you don't have to do alot of splicing.
2. A head unit that will suit your future needs, sub outputs, and tunability.
3. Speakers: components or basic 2/3 ways. Mach surround for components?
4. 1 or 2 amps? cabling for the amp(s), sub, cheap sub box or custom. Amps and subs are cheap on ebay. Be careful with cables, you can pay $25 or $70, depends on where you go. If you're wiring in for 2 amps, you'll need to replace all your stock wiring including speaker wires.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page